Cream & Cheese v2.0 - WE FIGHT TOGETHER, WE DIE TOGETHER

Oh wow, I got my math super wrong when I did her stats! Anyways, I adjusted her stats, so now...

actionspd = 83
normalspeed = 33
thrustfactor = 4
accelstart = 118
acceleration = 43
mindash = 25
maxdash = 80

I decided to make her accelerate even slower than Knuckles and nerf her fly even more. She was always ment to be more horizontally focused in the air Than Tails was. Her fly seems kind of awkward to use right now, so I'll need to mess with it. I also kept the mindash to 25, but her spindash now only goes to 80.

Now, as for Cheese's fidgeting, its because Cheese cannot actually hurt the enemy. It uses the homing attack code, but Cheese is not a player, so it does nothing. Instead, Cheese uses A_Explode to damage foes. However, this does not work on bosses for... Honestly, I don't know the reason. I didn't write the code, and I'm pretty crap at writing my own. Maybe I'll figure this out someday. I also assume that Cheese only uses A_Explode if he is no longer receiving your "order" to attack, weather that be letting go of ring toss or getting out of his range. I made it so the game checks if you're holding attack, so he no longer does this.

Anyways, I'll update if I can convince someone I tried to get to make new Cheese sprites to actually do more than one, and when I can get Cheese to go into a faster flying animation when the player is moving fast enough.

Those stats still seem a bit strong imo, but I'll try it before I knock it. For her flight, what you currently have is a high vertical top speed and a low vertical acceleration. You should aim for more of the opposite.

Well, Tails' spinning Tails can also damage them, which doesn't make much sense.

fucking... yes it does. They're spinning as fast as helicopter blades. That's the reason why the hitbox was even there in Sonic 3.

Cheese can be useful when flying, but you aren't flying over the complete map, and spindash can be way more useful on the ground.

I'm sure this was meant as a hyperbole, but I feel like I have to disagree nonironically.

The Underwater Buzzers are a good example, but I'd keep them alive for the air.
You definitely wouldn't. The buzzers' air bubbles are designed as hazards, not benefits. Many of them are placed over pits, so hitting them directly will cause you inhale the bubble, ground to a dead halt, and plummet into the abyss. Even as sources of air, they're almost always redundant as there are bubble patches commonly located right next to them. Besides, due to Cream's flight mechanics, she blitzes through parts of the level anyway. Air should never be a problem.

I don't rememeber many parts in srb2, where you had enemies around you while flying(well, other than Aerial Garden and THZ1)

There are some part of ERZ which have Jettysyns and snailers. The disco room's second half takes place over a pit against four projectile enemies. Cheese can easily dispose of the jettysyns, then Cream can fly to the upper left platform (or stay in the area before that) to safely engage Robotnik. Besides Mystic's "I hate everyone" levels, there aren't many parts where Cream's actually vulnerable in the air, but I can think of a few where it's a hell of a lot easier to deal with an enemy with Cheese than without.

I never said that Cheese is going to be changed, I'm sure that it won't be changed to attack bosses, so it's not too op. For the stats, yes she is a little bit better than tails, but not by too much.

The first post mentioned that D00D couldn't get Cheese to work on monitors and bosses, so I was under the impression that would be fixed at a later date if he figured it out.

Last edited:
As for the Razor Ears, they're staying, and not by choice. Flight just hardcodes your top area to be damaging. Nothing I can do about that, sadly.

Fair enough, just figured I'd point it out
Fun fact: I did, too. But it was looked down upon. "No, change it, flapping ears don't blow up robots."

The Zero Team said:
The fly ability always, always makes one hurt stuff above one if one is flying, since Tails did that in the classic games. Why should it not be like that for other characters having the fly ability?

I don't know if it can be altered with Lua, but you sure shouldn't blame D00D64 for not making an edited .exe just for this character which only would do one thing, which would be disabling the flying hurts for the skin "cream", and nothing else.

My chao wad from long ago [using advance sprites]

cream.wad

I see no difference in the sprites. This just makes me question the rules for the releases. I am for having sprite rips in releases since it does take effort to make them into wads, and they add more fun sometimes, and after seeing this released, I wonder have the rules changed? I pray to HMS12311 that they have.
And now they are broken. Use Imgur instead of photobucket.

Oh wow, I got my math super wrong when I did her stats! Anyways, I adjusted her stats, so now...

actionspd = 83
normalspeed = 33
thrustfactor = 4
accelstart = 118
acceleration = 43
mindash = 25
maxdash = 80

I decided to make her accelerate even slower than Knuckles and nerf her fly even more. She was always ment to be more horizontally focused in the air Than Tails was. Her fly seems kind of awkward to use right now, so I'll need to mess with it. I also kept the mindash to 25, but her spindash now only goes to 80.

Now, as for Cheese's fidgeting, its because Cheese cannot actually hurt the enemy. It uses the homing attack code, but Cheese is not a player, so it does nothing. Instead, Cheese uses A_Explode to damage foes. However, this does not work on bosses for... Honestly, I don't know the reason. I didn't write the code, and I'm pretty crap at writing my own. Maybe I'll figure this out someday. I also assume that Cheese only uses A_Explode if he is no longer receiving your "order" to attack, weather that be letting go of ring toss or getting out of his range. I made it so the game checks if you're holding attack, so he no longer does this.

Anyways, I'll update if I can convince someone I tried to get to make new Cheese sprites to actually do more than one, and when I can get Cheese to go into a faster flying animation when the player is moving fast enough.
I think the stats are better balanced now. Not sure if you want to give cream a better or worse spindash, I'd keep it the same. Same for jump height, she doesn't need a extra high jump.

If I'd balance cream I'd make her acceleration and top speed worse than tails because she has cheese.

Those stats still seem a bit strong imo, but I'll try it before I knock it. For her flight, what you currently have is a high vertical top speed and a low vertical acceleration. You should aim for more of the opposite.
Maybe, a no horizontal slowdown when you press the spin button and faster acceleration while in air could help with that. Vertical speed would be reduced to balance that.

fucking... yes it does. They're spinning as fast as helicopter blades. That's the reason why the hitbox was even there in Sonic 3.
They aren't made out of metal, but I can see why they added it. Didn't cream have that too in advanced ?

I'm sure this was meant as a hyperbole, but I feel like I have to disagree nonironically.

You definitely wouldn't. The buzzers' air bubbles are designed as hazards, not benefits. Many of them are placed over pits, so hitting them directly will cause you inhale the bubble, ground to a dead halt, and plummet into the abyss. Even as sources of air, they're almost always redundant as there are bubble patches commonly located right next to them. Besides, due to Cream's flight mechanics, she blitzes through parts of the level anyway. Air should never be a problem.
There aren't that many Bubble spawners in the level, if you know where the enemies are, then it's going to be way less trouble, the elemental shield can also help with that.

There are some part of ERZ which have Jettysyns and snailers. The disco room's second half takes place over a pit against four projectile enemies. Cheese can easily dispose of the jettysyns, then Cream can fly to the upper left platform (or stay in the area before that) to safely engage Robotnik. Besides Mystic's "I hate everyone" levels, there aren't many parts where Cream's actually vulnerable in the air, but I can think of a few where it's a hell of a lot easier to deal with an enemy with Cheese than without.
I forgot about ERZ. Cheese can be useful there, but it isn't that useful against most ground enemies.

The first post mentioned that D00D couldn't get Cheese to work on monitors and bosses, so I was under the impression that would be fixed at a later date if he figured it out.
Looks like D00D64 wants to add it, it was like that in advanced, and maybe it doesn't work on the DSZ boss. It's op but advance had it like that.

They aren't made out of metal, but I can see why they added it. Didn't cream have that too in advanced ?

There's a difference between rational logic and intuitive logic. Tails busting enemies is intuitive because his tails look like a helicopter blur and make the helicopter sound. Rationally, his tails should have snapped a long time ago since spinning your tails like that is physically impossible.

I just popped in Advance 2, Cream's ears don't hurt enemies.

There aren't that many Bubble spawners in the level, if you know where the enemies are, then it's going to be way less trouble, the elemental shield can also help with that.

Honestly, the bubble spawners are pretty evenly spaced. Even as other characters I've rarely drowned in that level. Most of my deaths there are caused by buzzers or death pits.

There's a difference between rational logic and intuitive logic. Tails busting enemies is intuitive because his tails look like a helicopter blur and make the helicopter sound. Rationally, his tails should have snapped a long time ago since spinning your tails like that is physically impossible.

I just popped in Advance 2, Cream's ears don't hurt enemies.

Honestly, the bubble spawners are pretty evenly spaced. Even as other characters I've rarely drowned in that level. Most of my deaths there are caused by buzzers or death pits.
Didn't know that it did hurt cream in advanced, can tails use it to destroy enemies ?(he could in 1, but not sure in 2).

The Bubble spawners are placed right so that you can get them before the drowning counter starts.

And now they are broken. Use Imgur instead of photobucket.

From my experience, Photobucket never removed images after time. I've still got Photobucket images from 2008 lurking around in the MB's ancient threads. Probably TheDoctor himself removed them I'm assuming.

Then of course, I could be wrong.

From my experience, Photobucket never removed images after time. I've still got Photobucket images from 2008 lurking around in the MB's ancient threads. Probably TheDoctor himself removed them I'm assuming.

Then of course, I could be wrong.

They're not even broken, what the hell are you guys talking about? I see them perfectly fine.

They're not even broken, what the hell are you guys talking about? I see them perfectly fine.

Actually they are removed. But I did not remove them, pb did. Pb has a bandwidth of 2 GB, which I have exceeded :3 (I blame my DBZ mod of Jedi Academy)

Actually they are removed. But I did not remove them, pb did. Pb has a bandwidth of 2 GB, which I have exceeded :3 (I blame my DBZ mod of Jedi Academy)

WTF? I still see the images just fine, even in the original post you made.

I just checked with my mobile, and this sounds stranger.. I see the pb removed image thingy, but when saving the picture, I see the original picture that was there. STRANGE, ISN'T IT?

The Browser Cache Saves Images and other stuff, and only updates them if they get changed, that's why some people still see them.

Photobucket probably puts this image(without replacing the existing one, so if you right click and save it, it still saves the one with the link, which is the right and not replaced image) over the real one.

The Browser Cache Saves Images and other stuff, and only updates them if they get changed, that's why some people still see them.

Photobucket probably puts this image(without replacing the existing one, so if you right click and save it, it still saves the one with the link, which is the right and not replaced image) over the real one.

With that in mind, why not just keep the same account and add pictures to it, if someone wants to see the pictures, simple save them. Say no to premium on pb.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back