• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Chaos Domain - Version 2.0 - W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cosmic Fleet Zone ---> Robotropolis Zone

Ok, I have changed one of the zones that will be in the MOD. Cosmic Fleet has been removed due to lack of ideas, I is being replaced with Robotropolis Zone. I'm gonna try to add stuff from SATAM in if I can.
level screeshots:

srb20121.png

srb20075.png

srb20076.png

Yeah, I guess you are right, it is a bit too dark down there.
Anyways, I have almost finished a idea I had for Robotropolis Zone's sky:
sky61.png

I might add more stuff in the backgound and redo the coulds.
Yes I know, It looks alot like Scrap Brain Zone's sky, I did it that way because I thought it would fit the theme of the level.

Very nice. It looks really cool. It may need a few smoke clouds at the top and maybe add something else to the tall towers.

Updated the sky a bit, same post as before.
Also, I might round up a early demo of this MOD soon.
I have 2 levels done and 2 more on the way.

I guess from the picture that you are heading to the thing which says EGG?
If you are then you might want to have the building at the end of the stage, or have you go into it which has a lift taking you underground or something. You could even take the swatbots from SRB1 but remake the sprites.
The one downside is that as Kyasarin pointed out, is that it wont tile well, maybe give a gap between the buildings?

Other than those...minor issues, it should turn out nicely in the level.

I don't think that will tile vertically nicely.

If it's 4096 in height, it'll be fine. Or unless you make it look like the clouds are in water when it nears the top and have the buildings connected to water so that it tiles smoothly.

Update

So yeah, I have said in the old topic that I would have a custom final boss for the game, This old thing? I have desided to let you see a update of it...

eggmanrobo.png

Not much else is new with this mod besides that. But I have been thinking of cutting some more levels from this mod...

The head looks funny. Not wierd funny. Funny funny. SOOO not thretening enough. D=

EDIT: Also I love the new texture, if the entire mod had textures like this I'd love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1st sprite's head looks odd... maybe it's the eyes that are a bit too far between each other...? Otherwise that looks great.

• The eyes on the first sprite are the same size. It shouldn't be like this because one is farther away from the camera.
  • The shading's a bit inconsistent, mostly on the arms. The red barrel somehow has more shading on top of it on the second frame than the first one.
  • There isn't a sense of depth with the feet. If I only saw the front frames, I'd think that his feet aren't sticking out at all.
  • The spikes look like small cannons from the front.
  • The yellow line on the stomach doesn't appear to be in the same direction from all angles.

Anyways, how are you planning on making this a boss? What would he do, exactly?

The feet look flat, put some more shading on the feet.

Mabye make it have a turrent fire from both hands, get it to stomp and a wave of metal rolls out. Just some ideas.

A quick update:
Bomb-bots! The walking bombs from Sonic 1 return to haunt you.
srb20134.png

So yeah, you guys know how I said there will be a demo out soon? Well as you know there hasn't, save for those on IRC. Anyways, I think I'll release a beta soon, and this time I mean it.

I am currently getting ready to soc 2 new bosses, I will tell you the name of one: Egglaser 2.0. Yeah, THAT old guy will be coming back, it will have some of it's old attacks, and some new ones. It will also have a new look, As I plan to make Eggman have a brand new Eggmobile.

Anywyas, I have also got the fist zone done finaly. I will try to finish Stronghold Forest Act 1 before the demo though, but don't count on it seeing that I have ran into a dead in with ideas. Also, it will also inclued a demo of Rockbot. You will see it in SFZ.

So yeah, expect it to be realeased in about 2 weeks at the least.
And I mean it this time. :P

I don't know what I've done to earn the beta, but after playing it, I have gathered some date, analyzed it with vectorial data structures, then discarded it and ran into walls:
Sunset Pass, thanks to the colormap, has an amazing feel, and I'd recommend something I saw on a contest map long ago:
You know how you have several pillars, right? (Are they one sided?)
Well, behind them, create a sector that has the same width as the pillar, and as it goes away from the pillar, make it thinner. Then use an FOF to set it to a darker tone.
That scenery trick adds a great deal of feel to the level, and you should try it with some raised sectors and pillars in open areas.
Regarding the textures: The triangle textures, despite being a great idea and original, look offputting while running around the level, kinda confusing/dizzying, if you get what I mean.
While playing robotropolis, I noticed that there was a missing lump with music, but that's what made it so great. There was no other sound than rain pouring down relentlessly, and it gave the level a great feel. You should try turning off the music and see what I mean. Then I kicked in some ERZ while I got to the factory.
My only complaint is that the factory's platforming seems tad too simple and too reliant on the bombs (which are a great obstacle) making it feel a bit tired by the end.
You already know what I think about the custom boss, so I won't waste your time here. ;P
So far, I see a mod with great deals of potential, but it's at an early level so faults are to be expected.
Keep up the good work.
(BTW, there are some HOMs every now and then in SPZ, could it be due to the pillars?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back