• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Greeman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
Well, my sister managed to screw up my computer for the umpteenth time and i lost all my Banana Man data, sadly, i had no backup files. So, Banana Man has been cancelled. In the recovery of this mishap, i've decided to make a new Character Wad.

GREEPIC.jpg

Greeman is a character i made in 4th grade and used in some comic strips i made. He will be my next project, i will release him when SRB2ME comes out so i can utilize it's palette to match the colors im using (which is 4 shades of green and 2 shades of black).

All the sprites are handmade by me. I hope you will enjoy this wad when i release it.

Update: Screenshots are obsolete, I'm using GIF's now.
GREEMANGIF2.gif
GREEMANWALKGIF.gif

Im working on getting the Running and Spinning sprites up

The best thing about these sprites are...
NO HI-RES!

So, tell me what you think.

Eblo said:
Looks pretty decent. The last two sprites could use more shading, though.

MORE shading!? Try LESS shading!!! The last two sprites need to have the same shadow pattern as the first three to look good.

Fawfulfan, The shading is perfectly fine. Look at the GIFs.

The sun is in front of him, thats why it looks that way.

Scizor300 said:
The shading is perfectly fine.
Nothing is ever perfect. This would not be all consistent with the general shading of other characters and things. When stuff turns, they don't take the light with them. And also in indoor levels, sunlight won't even matter.

Just because there is a thing on youtube with a guy in a green suit doesn't mean he stole it. Don't ever assume crap like that unless they mention it. It seems like a decent wad though. could use less shading though. There isn't sunlight in most levels so the shading wouldn't make that much sense.

Bigboi said:

Okay, this kind of ticked me off. Tell me how a man in a green suit has to do with this.

1. It's a man in a green suit, my character isn't human.
2. So what if it's green? That doesn't make it similar.
3. Green Man/Greeman - I was in 4th grade when i made him, i wasn't very imaginitive back then.

So seriously (As Jacy said), don't jump to conclusions.

Yeah, this is looks like a decent WAD. I'm surprised no one asked this, but, what would a guy without limbs do as ability?

Off topic: Rayman and Vectorman are alike, no? (Just in name and floating limbs kinda way).

Rayman.jpg

Zanyhead said:
I think he should fly by twirling his hands circularly around his body.

Wow, thats how i was origonally going to do the Heli-Glide. So anyways, Greeman is coming along nicely, i got the side running animation done.
GREEMANRUN.gif

I know it probably looks really bad. I will most likely remake them.

Scizor300 said:
Fawfulfan, The shading is perfectly fine. Look at the GIFs.

The sun is in front of him, thats why it looks that way.

But that only looks good if you're just rotating the camera around him in circles. If you start running in another direction, it'll look like the sun is moving to always face the front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back