What do you think Dark City will be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn't like Gloom Metropolis's aesthetics, because it looks so fricken' plain. Sure, you can tell that you're in a city, but there's nothing that makes it particularly memorable.

Now, what I think would be cool would be gothic-architecture and abandoned city (but not post-apocolyptic) themed texture sets... Think about it... Tall skyscrapers with long, vertically-oriented windows and spires, abandoned churches with broken stained-glass windows, sewers with broken cobblestone masonry, streets clogged with weeds and vines and abandoned cars... Yeah, that's what I think Dark City should be like.

Also, at least some part of Act 2 should take place in an Eggman factory a la THZ2, except that it's visibly darker (think primarily black instead of grey) and slightly more worn down.

My Guess is it will be like Metropolis zone from Sonic 2, combined with Starlight Zone from Sonic 1.

...And then For The Boss Have Brak Eggman's Fight on top of the Roof Tops in a similar design that the current ERZ3 is.

I'm for all ideas guys. And there is somethin' what you didn't noticed: Do you know it looks like based on Robotropolis City in Sonic the Movie? :P so Dark City, Metal Robotnik chasing Sonic and Tails, I think it will be so much like that.

The map should start with the characters running away from the red volcano cave, now flowing really hot lava getting back to the moment where the platform in the end of the stage starts getting up, the characters running out of the volcan until reaching the city, running to the city could be like a road with dashpads boosting the characters to the entrance of the city.

And meaning to the concept of the map, the city should be another zone devastated by the eggrock lazer that destroyed greenflower zone.

The final boss of DCZ should be a weakest brak eggman with the characters fighting over the biggest building of the city, and the highest, and when brak eggman is defeated, a cutscene of him almost destroyed goes to a spaceship where sonic, tails or knuxkles, or simply all of them get inside a little hole in the spaceship, and they go to Egg Rock Zone.

The third zone from Tortured Planet would be my guess for how DCZ would be built, minus the absurd length of both the level itself and the underwater segments.

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38530

In case anyone wants the more recent discussion that is going on with Dark City Zone (and Grand Eggship Zone by extension) since it was still going on for some days after this topic was revived. I personally vouch for pulling off a Sky Chase Zone/Wing Fortress Zone to make the zone really stand out as proposed in the other topic.

Also even as a zone separate from GEZ:

A reoccurring gimmick that can show up in the regular acts could be a security system that can alter the path that you can take if you trip the lasers or other obstacles that would cause certain traps to be activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back