Suggestions

You can create your own team color by renaming the team names and changing the default team color by compiling an exe, if you don't mind searching and renaming it in more than probably 5 long files. I found out once how the coding is scattered everywhere.

The balloons from Carnival Night.

On that point, we really need horizontal springs. Don't give me that speed pad crap-horizontal springs in Sonic 2 sent you at thok like speeds for quite a long time; speed pads just fail miserably in comparison.

Lastly, FOFs that are tangible to enemies and not the player.

SSNTails said:
Spazzo said:
  • The scores in time-only race should be put in order of place, while in-game.
That can be done if you don't mind creating a track mesh elsewhere in the level so the track position can be calculated.
Do it with starposts, darnit!

Make speed pads give you Speed Shoes and force you to run for one second instead of flashing.

Award rings where you can add rings just by moving into a sector, Useful when combined with ring count and negative values, you can make a shop :D .

And possibly the most funniest idea of all. "Anti-Banhammer". Where if you set Co-op or Race in a level with no exit or CTF with no Flags on with the masterserver enabled. Many FuriousFox clones from metalsonic5555's FF Wad appear at other players starting positions and cause a riot. They have ridiculously overpowered stats. And touching them will Kick those who are not the Host. And they will cause an set Masterserver ban to be on the host if they touch him/her. this can also happen if no-one even bothers to attack in a certain time in Match. Other players can type "Anti-banhammer warn" into the console to warn the host to follow the Masterserver rules. If they don't follow them then players can type "Anti-banhammer on". However the Host only gets kicked for it (Unless the User who activates it is an actual Masterserver administrator). This is just a thought and actually pretty serious as well as funny, so you can delete this paragraph if you want.

Sonicandtails218 said:
The balloons from Carnival Night.

On that point, we really need horizontal springs. Don't give me that speed pad crap-horizontal springs in Sonic 2 sent you at thok like speeds for quite a long time; speed pads just fail miserably in comparison.
Both have been SOCced.

If you get kicked with or without wads, there should be a mesage that asked you if you wanted to rejoin, along with a 5-second wait countdown. That way, people won't have to restart SRB2 if the hoster had wads loaded.

A working r_d3d.dll, I can't stand Software mode much longer...

It won't compile, just ask Alam :<

personally, something like virus mode from timesplitters would be better.

but what I think should be in the next one (other than my many other suggestions), I think you should be able to use whatever character wads you want in multiplayer mode (ie each player loads their character wads individually) but the host can choose to prohibit certain wads from that game (i.e. HMS11-something) and can save a preference list for the games he/she hosts. and the admin should be able to ban wad's in the middle of the game.

This way, people can use their own custom wads (i.e. mardic, srb2 playa, etc) and not have to hope everyone else that wants to play has it.

The ability to edit Sonic.plr, Tails.plr, and Knux.plr without the game crashing as long as we only replace character sprites and not edit the S_SKIN. It should be fine as long as each computer renders its own sprites for everyone playing.

The ability to point SRB2 to a "Graphics WAD" of your choice to replace textures and TEXTURES ONLY without the game crashing. Sort of like the -xmas command, only it doesn't require other players to have the textures.

The ability to point SRB2 to a music WAD of your choice instead of Music.dta.

Armageddon shield is to armageddon explosion as fire shield is to fire.

In other words, the A. Shield should protect you from armageddon explosions.

Need something in the map header that will give midi music priority over OGG music in specific levels.

Anolalog(sp) Mode in Multiplayer.
That is my wish..... I have been wanting to use a GameCube Controller in match/ctf/race/coop.

Shuffle said:
Need something in the map header that will give midi music priority over OGG music in specific levels.
Even better would be that adding a MIDI music in a slot used originally by the game by default makes the OGG version to be ignored.

Linedef Spiral Up (and Spiral Down):

Tag this to an intangible FOF's control sector. Wind will be inside the FOF that spins you around and upwards (or downwards). Linedef length is speed, and linedef direction determines clockwise or counterclockwise. Facing east is clockwise. Facing west is counterclockwise. Anything else gives an error.

In circuit mode, there should be a map that shows the locations of all the players, and what lap they're on. (Like the one when devmode is on)

Come to think of it, that can be ut into other modes, but in modes with teams, you can only see your teamates (sp?). It can be turned on and off with a console command.

Re-implement those yellow diagonal spring physics as the blue Air Speed Pads from SA, SA2, and Heroes. Well... The name's not right, but it's the closest I could figure.

sonic_adventure_dx_director's_cut.jpg

^ Like this, sort of.

Also give the same appearance to the "Red Spring" variation. Make it so you can't move when launched.

From experience, I reckon it would probably run SRB2 better in Direct3d than in OpenGL, considering that Freelancer and SADX run at reasonable speeds.

That's pretty bad reference there. Direct3D and OpenGL renderers can be faster or slower depending on the game engine. UT2004's OpenGL rendering is about a third slower than the Direct3D renderer. In the Torque engine, the Direct3D renderer is about half as fast as the OpenGL one. You can't just looks at DirectX-only games and say, "Hey, Direct3D will probably run faster than OpenGL on this thing," because for one, that is a one-sided observation, and two, it's largely dependent on the implementation. I remember that a Direct3D renderer was made for SRB2 once, and apparently it was about the same speed as the OpenGL renderer, so what would be the point of that?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back