This mod is beyond incredible, and it's such a blast to play - I never knew how badly I needed Persona online multiplayer until now. I wanna take a bit of time to nitpick about the pvp, from the few matches I've played:

PVP works great, but the sheer strength of healing and revival makes the matches go on for way too long IMO. This combined with the fact that many characters only have access to one or two elements means that the strategy doesn't feel much deeper than "Do AOE buffs, hit weaknesses, and spam healing." I never feel the need to conserve SP in pvp, so there's almost never any need to think twice about my spell usage. The mode has a ton of potential, though. I really want to see where it goes in the future.

Last edited:
Now this is a mod I can get behind. I did a quick run of just a couple floors of Tartarus to see how the game works and it's truly magnificent. Jumping on enemies to attack them feels a bit weird at times, but that's just because I need to get used to it.

I can't wait to see how this mod goes when people add modded characters into the mix. Imagine having a team of various Persona characters, and also having Sonic just chillin' in the party.

ive actually been working on werehog support just for my own fun, not uploading it tho cause its not reusable (im fine with that)
only problem is i cant get any sounds to work, ive tried ogg vorbis and wav and doom (.lmp)

Blaze being weak to fire and learning strong ice attacks instead of strong fire attacks makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I mean this mod is insanely fun but that just kinda threw me off. I also kinda feel like sonic should have wind instead of fire.

Dumb question

(I literally checked the comments to see if this question was already made it)

Ok , I know that Kanade and Cman has Persona's support and i see that some people figured out how to put them...

I want to try these characters... How i add them to the game? (It's something that involves addfile's command?)

And, no there's not an addons menu...

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Blaze being weak to fire and learning strong ice attacks instead of strong fire attacks makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I mean this mod is insanely fun but that just kinda threw me off. I also kinda feel like sonic should have wind instead of fire.
About the abilities of Sonic and Blaze... You're right... About Blaze... I think that devs made on purpose... But Blaze being weak to Fire? (I think that these abilities were made for Dirk...)

But thinking twice... Sonic in Vanilla game actually it's kinda hard to maneuver in platforming so there isn't the need to put a wind attack, aside the thok, maybe can be used as physical or something like that.

Objection! said:
And what about Sonic being the knight of the wind or [insert something related to the wind]?

Well, we are talking about SRB2's Sonic (Classic), not Modern, and this mod is called SRB2 Persona.

Last edited:
(I literally checked the comments to see if this question was already made it)

Ok , I know that Kanade and Cman has Persona's support and i see that some people figured out how to put them...

I want to try these characters... How i add them to the game? (It's something that involves addfile's command?)

And, no there's not an addons menu...

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

About the abilities of Sonic and Blaze... You're right... About Blaze... I think that devs made on purpose... But Blaze being weak to Fire? (I think that these abilities were made for Dirk...)

But thinking twice... Sonic in Vanilla game actually it's kinda hard to maneuver in platforming so there isn't the need to put a wind attack, aside the thok, maybe can be used as physical or something like that.

Well, we are talking about SRB2's Sonic (Classic), not Modern, and this mod is called SRB2 Persona.

sorry for quoting big message but 1.
classic sonic and modern sonic are not different people, idc if sega thinks that, it's stupid
and 2. i guess people think sonic should be wind because of like he has a move called sonic wind?

well let me tell you something, moves are based on your persona, not your character. Sonic's persona is Orpheus, and learns the same moves as Orpheus would.
Blaze's Persona is Penthesilea, which is an Ice Cold persona. A Persona is a manifestation of your inner self.
Hence why she learns bufu skills, and is weak to fire.
Tails' persona is Nemesis, who learns Zio and Hama skills in Persona 3. Knuckles' persona is Polydeuces who learns Zio, Strike, and support skills. Amy's persona is Io, who learns Garu and Dia skills, Recarm (revive), and skills like Me Patra probably.

Notice anything? These Personas are the same exact Personas as the Persona 3 Characters.
Sonic - Makoto Yuki - Orpheus
Tails - Ken Amada - Nemesis
Knuckles - Akihiko Sanada - Polydueces
Amy - Yukari Takeba - Io
Blaze - Mitsuru Kirijo - Penthesilea

This is SRB2Person 3, not a spin of it or anything. It has Tartarus, the same shadows, same personas but also adds new things like Kouha, Psi, and Eiha skills from Persona 5. Other stuff from other games, but right now it's still basically Persona 3, and that's probably where the story mode is going to play off of or "copy".

This is SRB2Person 3, not a spin of it or anything. It has Tartarus, the same shadows, same personas but also adds new things like Kouha, Psi, and Eiha skills from Persona 5. Other stuff from other games, but right now it's still basically Persona 3, and that's probably where the story mode is going to play off of or "copy".
I mean, if you wanna keep it limited to Persona 3 party member Personas, give Blaze Hermes, then. Sure, having Junpei's Persona wouldn't 100% match with her personality, but it'd be a Fire/Physical based Persona, which would match Blaze as a character better.

Well, the thing is, Shadow's Persona is Hermes. Which I think makes sense for him to have fire and physical attacks. Which means Shadow is Junpei. Blaze is still Mitsuru.
Metal Sonic is Aigis (has the same persona, both are robots anyway). And Silver... I don't remember anyone having Omoikane as their starting Persona but uh...
I guess he's just an extra char :P
And he's not Shinji, his persona is Castor.
Unrelated but i made Werehog Koromaru (Cerberus persona)

[...] well let me tell you something, moves are based on your persona, not your character. [...] A Persona is a manifestation of your inner self.

Notice anything? These Personas are the same exact Personas as the Persona 3 Characters.
Sonic - Makoto Yuki - Orpheus
Tails - Ken Amada - Nemesis
Knuckles - Akihiko Sanada - Polydueces
Amy - Yukari Takeba - Io
Blaze - Mitsuru Kirijo - Penthesilea

Well, as i say it before, i never played a Persona Game so... I'm really sorry for my ignorance...

And know that you clarify me what a Persona is, it makes sense for Blaze AND Sonic

The goal was to try to give a Persona from P3's main cast to each character, while this wasn't the case for Eggman & Silver which both have "normal" Personas (Samael & Omoikane), every other character follows that rule based on their archetypes.

While it's offputting that Blaze has an ice Persona, it makes sense when you consider that her character is one of the most calm minded -she keeps her cool, if you need a bad pun to explain it-. A Persona doesn't care for a character's actual abilities, only about what they're like on the inside.
If anything, one may argue that Hermes would be a much better fit for Sonic for instance, but he gets protagonist privileges.

The goal was to try to give a Persona from P3's main cast to each character, while this wasn't the case for Eggman & Silver which both have "normal" Personas (Samael & Omoikane), every other character follows that rule based on their archetypes.

While it's offputting that Blaze has an ice Persona, it makes sense when you consider that her character is one of the most calm minded -she keeps her cool, if you need a bad pun to explain it-. A Persona doesn't care for a character's actual abilities, only about what they're like on the inside.
If anything, one may argue that Hermes would be a much better fit for Sonic for instance, but he gets protagonist privileges.
Makes sense. I didn't really have a problem with the Persona choices, I was just offering potential solutions to the problems others had.

Although, if we're talkin' P3 Personas, you should totally bring in more "evil" and/or morally ambiguous Sonic characters and give them Strega's Personas.

By the way, if a player rejoins or desynchs, they can trigger an already defeated boss, making the entire team fight it again. Great way to get XP if you ask me.

So, uh...
I made a thing...
Moderator Notice:
Removed personal forum link

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally beat the Lord and Saviour challenge battle! But there's no crown on the list, nor did it record my best record. It was 29:30 by the way. I beat him with 30 seconds left, with the last of my last character's SP.

I remember seeing this and thinking about how I would love to play it. But until recently, I couldn't, so I ended up making KHBlast and such to fill in the gap. But finally, it's here. SRB2P is finally here, and I must admit, I love what I've seen so far from watching others play it. Especially how you incorporate the Chaos Emeralds into the game in a style similar to the Q games. Which makes me think that a good possibility for a later demo would be the ability to choose who your Navigator would be, and having each potential Navigator have their own Emerald skillset as well as Navigator Skills which are passive and help the party out. Which, for Navigators who could also be playable characters, would be separate from their Battle skills.

Also, I kinda think I have a bit of an idea of how the story might go - Eggman's meddling causes the Dark Hour to form, but he realises early on that the Dark Hour is a Very Bad Thing. So he is trying to stop it, but the way he tries to stop it is not the same way in which Tails realises is the possible way to end the Dark Hour, which could lead to some clashes between Sonic's group and Eggman's group - that is, until after a fight with one of the late Full Moon Shadows, which Eggman gets involved with, he drops a bombshell that defeating the Full Moon Shadows are making the Dark Hour stronger - and now, with only a few left, the way he was trying to stop it is now impossible - and thus, the only way left is to defeat the final Full Moon Shadows in order to expose the Arcana Which Never Should Exist: XIII [Death].

I've been busy for a good while so I couldn't play this when it was released, which bummed me out since I remember seeing this in the works for so, so long! As a big fan of Persona, I've been waiting for this. Just yesterday I managed to play through a good 2 hours and I can say this is absolutely amazing and surprisingly deep for a "demo".

We haven't managed to beat Tartarus yet, but it's already been such a fantastic trip. I spent so much time just thinking what character to use for our current party, the moves I'd use, the overall strategy and going "LETS GOOOOOO" every time someone hit a weakness, or we used an All Out Attack. I never thought I'd see the day Multiplayer Persona was a thing, much less being this much fun.

I also have to commend you for the frankly jaw-droppingly accurate this is to the real thing. I haven't played Q, but subpersonas are a very, very cool way to make any character a "wildcard", letting you use moves you normally can't. I like how everyone levels pretty much equally, no matter how much they participated, it helps everyone stay strong and no one left behind. And the Reaper. Ended our runs multiple times and can confirm... he's very scary to see!

This is super high quality, and I hope you're happy with what you have created, because it really is special. Thank you so much for your work!

Is there a template for mods? So folks have an easier time modding in custom characters and custom personas?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back