Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
New map from the SRB2MC server:

ThvwY.png
Edit: the red line is the "edge of this world"....

(OMG! our world is round!)

Last edited:
New map from the SRB2MC server:
Moderator Notice:
Don't quote huge-ass images please.

Good. We shall build kingdoms farther north. We shall have bays in the east and the west and in the south we shall have a giant pyramid. In all seriousness though, that looks pretty epic Ezer. Hopefully we'll be able to colonize..I mean build in those areas we haven't been to yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how this map doesn't show the location of my secret base.
Oh, wait...
So are the limits of the map going to be expanded and rendered in order for jungles to spawn?

Ezer, how did you manage to line those two maps up so perfectly? Doesn't it start the center from wherever you open the map at? Which means, you would have to figure out just the coordinates of how big the map is and where you'd have to be to start a second...

Wow.

In other news, you can see just the tiniest bit of Illiad in that map. :p

I want to join this server again, but apparently I take too long to log in every time I try to do so. Anyone else have this issue? I already tried completely redownloading Minecraft, and I have no mods installed whatsoever.

Good. We shall build kingdoms farther north.
I'm afraid this "farther north" a bit tight. The Instant's castle is already kinda far North. The red line in the map tells you where our world ends. The Southeast seems to be unexplored though, but I'd wait for the server to be updated. Perhaps a jungle biome pops up there (therefore, DON'T GO THERE if you haven't yet!). ;D

Ezer, how did you manage to line those two maps up so perfectly?
Image editor, yay! :D

Doesn't it start the center from wherever you open the map at?
Kinda. The map starts its center from the coordinate where the map was crafted at. This means the MAP_4 was crafted underwater. I'd say it was a very tricky operation. x_X

Which means, you would have to figure out just the coordinates of how big the map is and where you'd have to be to start a second...:p
Each map covers a 1024x1024 area, my dog told me so. Then, if the MAP_0 was crafted at -208, -234, the MAP_4 was crafted at -208, +790. The MAP_5 wasn't crafted at the correct point (-208, +1258) because that point was few blocks beyond the world edge, about 20 blocks I believe.

Of course, a tool like Cartograph G could make all this thing way less painful. Just saying.

EDIT:

More pics:

R124U.png

FkLnH.png

The forest I found near North world edge.

uWLr2.png

The railroad bridge.

ISqBv.png

Snowbiome far Northwest.

Xi4xB.png

The city has got a new announcement board. The owner of that house on the left is very thankful since the previous announcement board was blocking the front-door view. ^_~

ZhjCk.png

This house seems abandoned. It's empty (unless for a crafting table and a furnace) and I haven't seen anyone using it; It's been so for weeks. If this house has no owner, I'm going to (re)move this house to extend the city and make more lots. That part of the city looks a bit abandoned.

While I was wandering through the world, I've found about 3 dogs that seem to be lost. I could post the screens with the coords if someone is interested.

Last edited:
Map_6 in progress:

mkggL.png
I'll post some screenshots later on.

(Let me ask something: someone feels like helping me on mapping? I could give the instructions.)

Yes, I'll help you in mapmaking. I am planning on opening up a map shop in Illiad anyways. In truth, I was kind of disappointed to see you doing this, because I wanted to be the first. :p

You do realise the server admin can just use a third-party tool to export a map of the entire world in one clean sweep, right?

Anyways, doing it manually is a lot more fun. We could also have the admin put us on creative so we could build whatever we want really fast... But that wouldn't be as fun now, would it?

Yes, I'll help you in mapmaking. I am planning on opening up a map shop in Illiad anyways. In truth, I was kind of disappointed to see you doing this, because I wanted to be the first. :p
Well, the map_0 was made by me. ;D

I was interested in improving (and perhaps extending) the railroad, then I started to map the world.

But still, there's a lot of work.

CncbU.png

As you can see, there are 11 regions to be mapped and 1 in the making. Values are x- and z-coords for map centers, the played does need to stand at those coords for best results, and then, with no movement, place a crafting table and craft the map.

The values in red are unreachable map centers, they are beyond map limits (red circle). I still need to calculate the closest point for each unreachable map center. If the map center is underwater... well, I think it'll need something special or be prepared for exciting moments.

Oh, that's sweet! If you don't mind, I'll map -1232, 790 and -208, 1814. And if the map center is underwater? Simply build a cobble post and craft on there. Or you could just use a helmet with Respiration III. :3

And if the map center is underwater? Simply build a cobble post and craft on there.
-1232, 790 is very likely to be underwater. I had been there a month ago. There were some sparse archipelagos, so take the tools and resources to work underwater. Once the map is crafted, it's pretty easy to map the ocean and the coast by sealing.

For example, the map_4 was crafted on seabed: it was about 15 blocks deep and I had to place some sugar canes to avoid drowning.

EDIT:

BREAKING NEWS!

New village just discovered.

LT9Kh.png

Last edited:
WHAT

I thought we had definitely found them all. What are the coords? It's cool to have another one. I say we leave it be, so we have cool NPC's when the update is done.

As in, no trapping or killing the villagers. :p

Also, is it named yet? We need a good name for it!

Last edited:
The coord is 1400, 40. The village is a bit "sunken" in dirt. There are some few buildings: 2 small houses, 2 large houses, 1 well, 2 wheat farms. Population: 6 or 7.

And I'm almost sure the server hasn't built all chunk maps yet. So I'm not going further, perhaps 1.2 biomes are still likely to be generated in the server.

7SivS.png

Last edited:
Well well, it looks to me like my island might be over the center of a map sector. I'll see about mapping whichever of the southern two sections it's in.

2012-03-09_15.41.37.png

Silly Iron Golem, you can't climb trees!
I wish the MC server would update soon, I have some defense systems to add in. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back