Unofficial v2.2 Discussion Thread

I see the "soniccd" console command has been removed. Is there a particular reason for that? Just dev distaste? I was always a fan of it and it's a shame it's been removed especially since the flower sprites in the various levels look so nice now.

The feature was removed because of the new user-controlled "Flicky-list", which allows modders to set the theming for the things that come out of badniks in their levels such as flickies. One of the options is the "Seed" object, which matches what the "soniccd" console command used to do - and there is a three-act level in releases which uses this already ^u^

Would somebody tell me how does one get through the most hardest part of Arid Canyon Zone with these impossible chains there? I got Game Over twice as Amy and playing as Amy in this zone is hard enough as it is and the fact hardest part of this level is at the very end really messed up. It really frustrating. I never could understand how those chains work. Please if anybody has any suggestions or even a video showing if this is even possible. By the way when I did my 6 attempts before Game Over I only got as far the 3rd chain there.

srb20044.png

Last edited:
Would somebody tell me how does one get through the most hardest part of Arid Canyon Zone with these impossible chains there? I got Game Over twice as Amy and playing as Amy in this zone is hard enough as it is and the fact hardest part of this level is at the very end really messed up. It really frustrating. I never could understand how those chains work. Please if anybody has any suggestions or even a video showing if this is even possible. By the way when I did my 6 attempts before Game Over I only got as far the 3rd chain there.

Well, here's a video. Hope it helps.

I think the bottomless pits need to be mitigated in this section with some more chances for recovery, or at the very least, an additional starpost when you're halfway across.

Restarting from the beginning because a bird drone hits you on the last chain is frustrating!

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Nicely done, very smooth. It's cool looking when done well. Funny though, even knowing this wasn't going to be a video of failure, I still got nervous with the hammer jump and the last two jumps. "Ah! Oh okay."

I usually press spin to drop off the ropes. If i miscalculated.i jump

I did not know you could do that. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

I think the bottomless pits need to be mitigated in this section with some more chances for recovery, or at the very least, an additional starpost when you're halfway across.

Restarting from the beginning because a bird drone hits you on the last chain is frustrating!

I was barely able to get through it 1 life left. Unfortunately Metal Sonic race I know to be 100% IMPOSSIBLE to do as Amy in fact somebody obviously did not test Amy out on that part because if they did it would have been changed or something. The fact that even if you do EVERYTHING perfect and still not get there in time screams to the unreasonable and outrageous difficulty. I like srb2 but dang I hate that they love making this so dang hard like it not even hard it just completely not fair and stupid hard. I should mention am really ticked off as I write this since my best run as Amy was just really close than.

I was barely able to get through it 1 life left. Unfortunately Metal Sonic race I know to be 100% IMPOSSIBLE to do as Amy in fact somebody obviously did not test Amy out on that part because if they did it would have been changed or something. The fact that even if you do EVERYTHING perfect and still not get there in time screams to the unreasonable and outrageous difficulty. I like srb2 but dang I hate that they love making this so dang hard like it not even hard it just completely not fair and stupid hard. I should mention am really ticked off as I write this since my best run as Amy was just really close than.

You can do it with plenty of time to spare, you have to make use of Amy's one advantage: her massive jump height: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adh3OZc00mU

So I'm pretty new here.

For a good while I've been pretty disappointed with the state of this franchise. After Sonic 06 we got some okay-to-great games, but nothing really spectacular besides Mania, which mostly was a "best-of" type game more than being something completely unique.

This is the first Sonic game in years that has truly wowed me, and it's not even made by Sonic Team!

I'd just like to congratulate the team for making such an incredible game, as well as the modder and all who contribute to the perpetual improvements being made to this project. It's easily the best 3D Sonic game, period.

SPOILER_srb20135.png

SPOILER_srb20130.png

SPOILER_srb20262.gif

SPOILER_srb20291.gif

Did some snooping and found these earlier in the thread. Is there any chance we can see more of these? Maybe a wad release like the ACZ2 Museum? It's beautiful and I really want to play in it. Should've been in final v2.2.

EDIT:
Just watched the 20th Anniversary trailer again to see if there was any more of this in it, but there was only a version of DSZ that looked like the final, so this must've been very early.

Last edited:
The DSZ2 remake is unfinished - the version in 2.2 is patchwork of various old and new versions. The rooms you see in those GIFs probably aren't cut, but are just going to be part of a future release, so I wouldn't expect to see them in a museum anytime soon.

The DSZ2 remake is unfinished - the version in 2.2 is patchwork of various old and new versions. The rooms you see in those GIFs probably aren't cut, but are just going to be part of a future release, so I wouldn't expect to see them in a museum anytime soon.

Sweet! I love the background and the resprited crystals in that DSZ.

So, if you write a custom HUD script that produces new elements for time, score, rings, lives etc., all you have to do is add V_PERPLAYER and splitscreen'll just work?

Nice, can't wait to double this.

unknown.png

Wow SRB2 Old Hud with Pre-Release Kart Hud

Edit:is that.........

PAPER MARIO!?

Last edited:
I didn't realize you guys fixed OpenGL Colormaps, they no longer look washed out and look much closer to Software Colormaps now. Finally I have no reason use to Software renderer anymore.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back