Resource icon

[Open Assets] Sonic 1 HUD (&CD HUD) [&NA Prototype HUD]

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
SONIC 1 HUD & CD HUD too...

Makes the HUD the one from Sonic 1 or sonic cd if you're using that, meaning it is not italic. The act clear also sports Sonic 1's ball symbol. HUD looks like how it did in Sonic 1, self explanatory.

The BETA version just makes the "RINGS" text, "RING". The "RING" text i believe was in the Nick Arcade beta/prototype.

The RING italic just makes the S2 HUD have RING instead of RINGS, while being italic. No there's no Sonic 1 Symbol on this one for 2 reasons.
1. It'd take MORE time, ive wasted like half of my day working on this crap
2. It's for an act-clear screen, which those dont really matter that much.

Maybe you want to look at the HUD from the game that started it all. The HUD that started it all. Maybe get nostalgic, or something.
I'm sure *SOMEONE* will appreciate this even if they don't use it.

oh and also someone ripped the HUD *letters* and *numbers* but not the actual like HUD, so there may be some tiny pixel differences. But for a lot of them i just selected the bottom half of the srb2 (sonic 2) hud and moved it a pixel forward, and boom no italic.
surprised noone made the sonic 1 HUD when this game has been out for quite a while

Attachments

• srb20561.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 1,383
  • srb20562.gif
    7.6 MB · Views: 734
  • srb20416.png
    srb20416.png
    400 KB · Views: 3,116
  • srb20417.png
    srb20417.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 1,459
  • V_Sonic1HUD-v2.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,084
  • srb20563.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 437
  • srb20420.png
    srb20420.png
    318 KB · Views: 1,430
Last edited:
I honestly prefer the Sonic 1 HUD over Sonic 2's.

By the way is this the same as the Sonic CD one as well?

I honestly prefer the Sonic 1 HUD over Sonic 2's.

By the way is this the same as the Sonic CD one as well?

No, apparantly Sonic CD has the "The Taxman Quotation Marks" in the HUD.
I'll be sure to make it though.

It also doesn't have the Sonic 1 Symbol, but i mean i shouldnt remove the s1 symbol should I?
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Excuse me what are you referring to? The ' and " symbols for minutes and seconds?

I'm sorry again but what symbol?

1. Yes, the quotation marks that are used on the TIME part of the hud.
For example: TIME 0 ' 00 '' 00
Sonic CD uses the "CENTISECONDS" option, not to be confused with the "MANIA" option which changes the rings position.

2. The "Sonic 1 Symbol" is you know, like how the triangle is the Sonic 2 Act Clear Symbol, which is used on like TIME BONUS, RING BONUS, etc.
Sonic 1's Act Clear symbol is a blue ball kind of reminiscent of the Sonic Spindash in terms of shape and color. Like an italic oval shape. We see this shape again in SA2, except its more uh... well its different. SA1's is also different. And also its in the level start. Sonic 3's Act Clear symbol is like a "flame".

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

VERSION 2 IS OUT!!!

The numbers are now practicing Social Distancing™ and now aren't hugging each other. 1 Pixel apart cause they're not gay. Oh and the 1 has been centered.
It also comes with a new HUD, the SONIC CD HUD. Complete with the quotation marks or ' and '' symbols instead of the normal colon and period symbols. The quotation marks have become quite popular, being used in most of taxman's mobile ports, and the marks were also used in Mania. (And Sonic CD *AND SONIC 3 AIR*)
Never understood the change from colons and periods to the quotation marks but it looks nice so it looks nice. And it's here now.

NOTE: I DIDN'T REMOVE THE SONIC 1 ACT CLEAR SYMBOL. DOING THAT WOULD MAKE IT MORE ACCURATE BUT WHO TF CARES ITS EXTRA WORK FOR SOMETHING THAT MIGHT NOT ***LOOK AS GOOD*** ACCURACY TO THE ORIGINAL ISNT ALWAYS A GOOD THING.

Last edited:
1. Yes, the quotation marks that are used on the TIME part of the hud.
For example: TIME 0 ' 00 '' 00
Sonic CD uses the "CENTISECONDS" option, not to be confused with the "MANIA" option which changes the rings position.
I see that, I personally prefer the colons over the ' (and I never use centiseconds because I barely take care of time attacks in general)
2. The "Sonic 1 Symbol" is you know, like how the triangle is the Sonic 2 Act Clear Symbol, which is used on like TIME BONUS, RING BONUS, etc.
Sonic 1's Act Clear symbol is a blue ball kind of reminiscent of the Sonic Spindash in terms of shape and color. Like an italic oval shape. We see this shape again in SA2, except its more uh... well its different. SA1's is also different. And also its in the level start. Sonic 3's Act Clear symbol is like a "flame".
Oh right, I liked how in some hack they changed the color according to the character (same for S3&K to change the flames to yellow or red when you played as Tails or Knuckles respectively)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back