How long have you been on Srb2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering I got into the game with Demo 2 in early 2001, I must be primordial soup.
Sweet, we can be bubbly ooze together. I'm pretty sure Demo 2 was the first one I played too. Although I really didn't pay steady attention until after the Final Demos. I became active in the community after the release of version 2.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember finding SRB2 on the SSRG back in the day. When I found it the current version was Demo 1. I was impressed back then and that was before the end-level sign even worked, so it was just the first two-thirds of GFZ1 and nothing else.

Now I feel like a newborn child, having only joined at 108. Well then, now I am speechless.

Edit: well then, guess my grammar was not good enough, but I am using my phone to do these, but I will try harder.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember finding SRB2 on the SSRG back in the day. When I found it the current version was Demo 1. I was impressed back then and that was before the end-level sign even worked, so it was just the first two-thirds of GFZ1 and nothing else.
It really was (and still is) an impressive showcase of what can be done with the Doom engine with enough fiddling around. Granted that it's a modification of a source port, but that was one of the things that really grabbed my interest in SRB2. It definitely stands out among the usual Genesis-sprite-ripped Clickteam engine games, which encapsulates nearly every Sonic fangame, and it's more than just a TC.

Edit: I realise that newer games made with the Clickteam engines, more specifically the Sonic Worlds engine have raised the bar for Click games. When I first found SRB2, though, I think the most intense Click games I had played were games like Sonic Chaos and Sonic QTE.

Last edited:
A very short while, depending on how you judge it.

Gone, back, and gone again. My, has the time gone and the project still goes on. Very well, I might add. :D

Last edited:
Started playing: 2005-2006
Played on MS: 2007-2009
Noticed 90% of the MS is full of idiots and began using the MB: 2008
IRC/#srb2fun (if it even counts) & #srb2kart: 2011.

Last edited:
So are the staff the oldest people on here. I can be almost %100 certain that ssntails is the oldest person in the mb. Since, he sort of made srb2. If the creator of srb1 (forgot his name) were to be on here, then he is the oldest. Even though the staff might be the oldest, anyone here longer then mystic?

Not necessarily. I'm a staff member and I'm younger than several non-staff members.

His name is Johnny Wallbank, he does have an account there (that he pretty much never uses) and I think he's younger than SSNTails.

Okay then,
That makes sense, but is there somone older then Mystic, besides ssntails?

Demo 2, shortly before Demo 3. At that time I was playing many Doom´s mods (as I love Doom), like Batman Doom, for example. I played both Sonic Dooms. Not much later, I saw Sonic Adventure 2 on a magazine, and I emailed SSNTails to suggest adding Shadow in. He answered that he was developing something better than Sonic Doom, so I ended trying it and felt in love.

At that time, the game was only GFZ and THZ Act 1. I remember when just having THZ2 was literally mindblowing, it was the first real different level. Anyway, ERZ surprise was even better :) Personally the game is getting a lot better after so many added gimmicks. And I already loved it when most levels were mostly crawlas and some platforms, lol.

I've been playing on and off for a few years... quite a few actually. I'm just gonna throw stones here and guess 5.

Welp, I was interested about this game in December 2010 watching some Youtube videos. I decided to try this game by myself. So I downloaded this game and started to play it. That means, I'm in SRB2 for more than 2 years.

I've been playing SRB2 since 1.09.4 Final Demo 1, and I joined the community at that same time too, I think...

Active since 1.09.4, but only decided to enter the MB like a month after, as it would be my first forum to enter and I'll admit I was scared of the high bars these forums had. I guess I can say that it's thanks to my English-influenced childhood that I managed to make a safe landing here.
I must admit, for how unfinished 1.09 was, I liked pretty much everything in it. Heck, even the ring powerup-stacking in Match gave some high-larious results.

And now here we are, 5 years later, where I'm waiting for a fully operational Multiplayer with AZERTY support so I can enjoy Multiplayer at the max.
Man, 5 years somewhat supporting this game. Not even my full-time support of TF2 comes close in terms of length.
5 years. Feels so close, yet so distant I feel like an old man when lurking this place.

My first version of SRB2 was 1.09.4, about a year and a half before 2.0 came out, IIRC.

I've been on and off for about....hmm....

5 or 6 years, I guess. I usually pick SRB2 back up every year or so for a little while and then forget about it for a while.

I forget which version I first got to play, but this was when knuckles still looked like a malformed monster and it didn't even have the spindash-water-skipping technique yet. Oh man, my mind was blown when they introduced THAT. XD

I actually kinda miss the old weapons system, where they were on a timer and would combine...Auto + rail was hilarious to use. ^_^ Good memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back