SRB2 Soundfonts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to assume that most of SRB2's music is composed digitally. (What do I know, it might all just be live recordings or magic or something.)
So, to put it simple, I'm interested in knowing which soundfounts, or at least some of the soundfonts SRB2 use, provided they're free to use.

I would like them in order to... well, make some kind of music thingies (in FL Studio 12), I guess.
These "music thingies" would be used for: SRB2 levels I might make (if I get better at mapping some time). Nothing else at all.

Assumptions are bad!

Actually I'm pretty sure the digital versions of most of SRB2's music (if not all of it) was made by running the MIDIs or such through some Yamaha keyboard or something. Of course I could be wrong.

Magic? Come on zappy! Thats a great assumption.

Anyways, jokes aside. I would of expected the majority of the music was digital. Especially the MIDI music.

Assumptions are bad!

Actually I'm pretty sure the digital versions of most of SRB2's music (if not all of it) was made by running the MIDIs or such through some Yamaha keyboard or something. Of course I could be wrong.

Yeah, something of that nature. If I remember correctly SSNTails uses an XG-MU100 or something of the sort. Though good luck getting your hands on one. There is a soundfont that replicates the Yamaha XG SY-XG50 softsynth, which has a fairly similar sound to it.

So... In other words, I either have to pay money for a keyboard thing, or be extremely lucky in searches for a soundfont of it online? If so... Guess I'll have to go with something not quite SRB2-styled (if I get around to making music for SRB2 levels some time).

why be lucky in a search? I found one here: [LINK]
Because there's no correct/working download link in the description for that video last I checked. - Edit: *Refreshes mind* ...Okay then. Apparently I'm just super stupid or something. There IS a working download link within that video description. You may edit your comment to remove the link now if you want. Thanks.

Last edited:
Well, I'm more concerned about how the moderators will take it, since Yamaha makes sounds for keyboards and such they sell. But if you want to leave it up, alrighty.

well ok, I didn't really see the problem with the sound font. Running the decripting through google translate it looks like it's a remake.

Well, I'm more concerned about how the moderators will take it, since Yamaha makes sounds for keyboards and such they sell. But if you want to leave it up, alrighty.

SYXG50 is a discontinued softsynth. In fact, Yamaha released a downloadable XG50 player for free sometime after they discontinued the software, so it'd be logical to suggest that they don't care at this point.

The soundfont/vsti in question was fanmade IIRC, so I'm not sure if Yamaha could do anything to you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back