Ultimate Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
What's your farthest on Ultimate? Have you beat it?

I've gotten as far as CEZ3 as Knuckles so far.

Excuse you, but a friend of mine was actually insane enough to BEAT Ultimate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duTgvP9NUM0

Took him, like, many tries, and he died a lot in ERZ, but he managed to beat it. (be sure to also check out his death compilation!)

As for me, I never really tried to go far in Ultimate, because I know I would probably screw up so slightly at some point.
No way! I wanted to do that first! I've just died a lot on CEZ3 and ERZ, so I couldn't make the full video yet.

A ridiculously placed Orbinaut killed me in the lava rising room in RVZ1. Needless to say, I raged.

Excuse you, but a friend of mine was actually insane enough to BEAT Ultimate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duTgvP9NUM0

Took him, like, many tries, and he died a lot in ERZ, but he managed to beat it. (be sure to also check out his death compilation!)

As for me, I never really tried to go far in Ultimate, because I know I would probably screw up so slightly at some point.

I'm interested in beating it, but ERZ is the wildcard that I'm worried about, particularly the Metal Sonic fight. I never quite understood how to consistently dodge its blasts. ERZ1's disconcerting, but ERZ2 I might be able to deal with.

Actually I was at the ERZ3 and I had a... I can't explain this, my control just froze over the death pit section with those platforms :/

I just raged because my pc can't handle SRB2 without bunches of errors :|
Also my game over music said to me:

You are dead, not big surprise. The Heavy was true, I had no chance to beat my powerfull computer X)

There should be another unlockable for beating Ultimate mode.
Pandora's Box 2: The ability to close out of the game in another menu.

In all seriousness, there honestly shouldn't. If there is, it shouldn't be a huge thing. Otherwise only a small percentage of people will enjoy the huge thing. Which... is a huge disappointment to a lot of people. (Take SA2(B) for example)

Pandora's Box 2: The ability to close out of the game in another menu.

In all seriousness, there honestly shouldn't. If there is, it shouldn't be a huge thing. Otherwise only a small percentage of people will enjoy the huge thing. Which... is a huge disappointment to a lot of people. (Take SA2(B) for example)

Some sort of mark on the statistics screen to prove you've beaten it would be nice.

Some sort of mark on the statistics screen to prove you've beaten it would be nice.

Currently, there somewhat is, just not shown.
Back then, and still there today, there's a statistic, per level, that shows how you cleared levels:

> Entered level the first time.
> Beat the level the first time.
> Beat the level with all Chaos Emeralds.
> Obtained Perfect Bonus the first time.
> Beat in Ultimate Mode.

This is mainly used as an unlock variable, actually...

I was running quietly at GFZ2... then suddenly a crawla appeared of nowhere and sent me to the title screen.

I didn't get to that yet. I will maybe do it later, when I find the motivation to do it, which is probably never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back