This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

NeonSRB2

After seeing Princess Draykon's chaos mode script I saw that chaos was quite the piece of content before it was eventually disabled and later removed from the source entirely, starting with 1.09.4. And as I would say, if the content is optional, then I wouldn't care if it was worse than the others if it still had entertainment value.

And with that, I present you the full chaos lineup and gameplay brought back to 2.2.

attachment.php

Not much else I can say here but, this is my first ever mod, and my first ever submission, and I aggree, enemy clumping is an issue. But the TypeOfLevel is down below for anyone willing to create small match stages.

Code:
You can use either "Chaos" or "Chaosmode" to add it to the stage lineup,
and spawnpoints will only spawn in Chaos or Co-op/Singleplayer.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20057.png
    srb20057.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 8,963
  • A_ChaosGametype-v1.pk3
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,339
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't really tried it out for myself, but I think Chaos is a mode where enemies continuously spawn and you have to get the highest score. I could be very wrong about that, though.

What is this so you called chaos mode

Chaos was a gametype introduced into the game in SRB2 2k3, which was somewhat of a precursor to the "Final Demo" versions, it stayed in the game until Final Demo v1.09.4, where it was removed due to well, the chaos.

Last edited:
Holy shit someone actually put effort into it this time

Most of these maps are pretty okay, but for the sake of having even more maps I'd like an option to play on Match maps where they replace emerald spawns (just like the original SOC).

This doesn't need to be put into obsolescence. You can just rebrand into Chaos Mode Classic instead. Something which I was hoping to used in SRB2 the Past and not that Modern updated version.

Are the maps from this usable with the new Chaos Mode?
Post automatically merged:

This doesn't need to be put into obsolescence. You can just rebrand into Chaos Mode Classic instead. Something which I was hoping to used in SRB2 the Past and not that Modern updated version.
Also, this is reusable and the other one isn't. Something reusable can never be made obsolete by something non-reusable.

EDIT: Nvm, I just found out that the Lua part is in fact reusable, along with some other parts listed under "Credits" in the overview.

Last edited:
Maybe that's why the topic hasn't been moved? Wich is good for me as SRB2 the Past needs this addon for proper Classic Chaos mode.

Just found out the spawner is usable in single player as well as chaos. Imagine the chaos you could create.

bruh coming back to this after seeing cybergrind zone in oldc 2023 pt 1... im gonna play this chaos and pretend im cybergrinding in more zones

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back