why was i baned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

time gear

Eternity in an hour
i have been baned 2 times because of bad spelling, or at least thats what it sead when i tryed to come to the forum. i try to make my spelling readable, but it almost seems like any word spelled wrong can get me baned. why would the rule be that strict? i have read the rules and try to follow the as well as i can, but im human and make mistakes, i think you might have already thoght of the not being perfect part. but still why was i baned? if people can read it, then why? please help!

time gear said:
i have been baned 2 times because of bad spelling, or at least thats what it sead when i tryed to come to the forum. i try to make my spelling readable, but it almost seems like any word spelled wrong can get me baned. why would the rule be that strict? i have read the rules and try to follow the as well as i can, but im human and make mistakes, i think you might have already thoght of the not being perfect part. but still why was i baned? if people can read it, then why? please help!

Total misspellings I counted.

As a matter of fact, it is hard for a lot of us to read. We don't expect you to be an A+ English student, but spelling and punctuation matter a lot on communities like this. If we have trouble reading your posts, then that's a problem.

Also we're not planning on budging from our stance on this, so if you don't like it, you really only have two viable choices: one, start spelling properly; two, leave, and maybe come back when you're ready to go for choice one. After all, we're not forcing you to stay.

i understand your point, but still, when i dont spell right, most of the time its obveous what i ment.

Granted, that's true. Anyone who's frequented this board for a long time, however, will expect above-average literacy, because that's the easiest for them to read. If a guy posts one sentence with a few spellings, it's a minor annoyance. If the same guy posts an essay with a lot of spellings, no one will bother reading it because it's such a pain to sit through. The little mistakes add up, get my drift?

Spelling may not be your forte, but it's not like you're forced to post with a thousand errors because of it. I would recommend a spell-checker. You could use Word or download Firefox (an internet browser with a built-in spell-checker). Otherwise, if you can't shape up, then you can't stay. Sorry, but that's forums for ya.

i have firefox (but i dont use it much because it sends all my downloads to the C drive)

edit: im going to post on topics A LOT less that might make the ban less likely, the only reason i go to the websit is to find wads that have screenshots so i can deside if i want it or not besides the name, and to share my sonic related/descussion related, findings.

time gear said:
i have firefox (but i dont use it much because it sends all my downloads to the C drive)

You can change it so that it will ask you were you want put it. Tools -> Options -> Main(tab). If you are using IE7, you can try IE7 Pro. It has a spellchecker and its a free addon.

IE7 Pro
http://www.ie7pro.com/

Please don't tell people to sin, Jrose, why anyone would want to choose IE7 Pro over Firefox I will never know.

By the way, time gear, how do you expect to pass English with spelling like that? Because, to be quite honest, you're going to end up with a nasty grade if you write your English essays like that.

I would choose IE7P over FF because I can't get FF. (incompatible OS)

*ontopic* Maybe time gear could run his posts through Microsoft Word beforehand.

Use fire fox 3 with the English dictionary so it will correct your spelling mistake, that way you shouldn't get banned easily for spelling errors..

would it be possable to use notepad as a spell checker? (i dont have microsoft word for some reason, i checked)

time gear said:
would it be possable to use notepad as a spell checker? (i dont have microsoft word for some reason, i checked)

No, and you can't honestly say you write like this, can you? My 9 year old sister has better spelling and grammar. :<

FireFox is the best way to go. You can change the options you don't like. Like it saving your downloads to your C drive. You can change it so that it will ask you were you want to save your downloads. Like it does in IE.

Cue said:
By the way, what does 'baned' mean?

I think it has something to do with tuna... *shot*

Ontopic: Well, we need to understand what you say, we can't read "engarish" and i agree with Jrose, try using that

EDIT: Metalkids, i can tell a LOT of people aren't going to like you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back