"Please delete/lock this, admins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Please stop saying this. We decide if there's reason to lock or delete a topic, so stop saying things like "I give you permission to lock this if it's against the rules" and such. It's just annoying!

Lock.

But in all seriousness, I agree, it's highly annoying and only makes me NEVER want to lock your topic.

In my opinion, it can be viewed as disrespectful, it's a little but like telling what the mods and admins what to do after they read the topic.

And I ditto the annoying part of topics like that, as well. >.<

Actually, to add a bit more to this, isn't this technically backseat moderating? It's our freaking job to decide if a topic needs locked, not the guy that made it.

Why not just move all topics that people say to lock to the Announcements forum? That's pretty much the opposite of locking the topic.

Better still, make a new forum called "We Don't Appreciate Being Told How To Do Our Jobs So Post In All The Topics In Here" or something. Move all the "Lock plz" topics there. Bumping rules don't apply in that forum.

You're right. Moving it to announcements would be the exact OPPOSITE of locking it. Not a bad idea. XD

I see it as sucking up "if this is against the rules, please lock"
And it's also a bad idea, people might need to see whats the in topic at one point, like if it's a help topic

The "lock this please" thing was annoying. I'm glad it's gone.

Not as annoying as "SHOOP DA WOOP!!!" THOUGH. =P

If I see any "plz lock kthxbye", I'm just going to delete the whole thread.

plz lock thxbye! *waits for SSN to delete the topic*

......*suspended*

Meh, isn't there something that comes relatively close to this little rule in the main rules topic?

Super mystic sonic said:
Meh, isn't there something that comes relatively close to this little rule in the main rules topic?

Shuffle said:
Actually, to add a bit more to this, isn't this technically backseat moderating? It's our freaking job to decide if a topic needs locked, not the guy that made it.

SMS, pay attention

I got an email about approval of my first post and I can lock the topic by clicking the lock link. That really happened and my embarrassing topic was locked without the help of a moderater or admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back