Act clear bug?

Spiky

Today I cleared GFZ1 in the latest version, and a pillarboxed version of the old act clear screen showed up shortly after out of nowhere:
gBNzg0w.png

Gzx21bQ.png

Very weird. This wasn't meant to happen, was it? I kept playing until CEZ1 it never showed up again.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, so I have no idea what might have triggered it. I just went through GFZ1 as Sonic & Tails, went Super Sonic midway, and cleared it in one life.

Last edited:
SRB2 uses a graphic like that for the intermission screen if the screenbuffer for the last frame doesn't exist. (It normally uses a screenbuffer for the background.)

I'm not sure exactly what causes that, though (maybe a small lag spike right before the intermission?).

The framerate being too low is one of the reasons it fails to create the screenbuffer.

I don't think the framerate was the cause. I've never had any framerate issues with the game, and didn't notice any frame drops during that session (or any other). I was also playing offline single-player.

I don't think the framerate was the cause. I've never had any framerate issues with the game, and didn't notice any frame drops during that session (or any other). I was also playing offline single-player.

Even just a 1 frame drop to 34FPS can cause the screenbuffer to not draw, and thus cause the intermission screen to display.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back