Resource icon

[Open Assets] SRB2NetPlus 2.2.4-v4: Play without control lag!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
When I added this, and replaced the files, ALL of my SFX was gone, only music was left, and now I have no idea how to fix it

Netplus 2.2.2 now drops massively the framerate in both renderers making it unplayable in most cases. At least works fine with netgames. While testing it.

It took me a while to realize I can use this on regular netgames. I feel so dumb.

Anyhow, this mod is amazing, it makes matches playable. The only issues I've been getting so far, are the frequent "Clearing savestates due to !canSim" messages coupled with having to rejoin in some servers due to de-synching during a map change.

Boy these versions aren't lasting that long. SRB2NetPlus 2.2.4-v4 is out now!

It took me a while to realize I can use this on regular netgames. I feel so dumb.

Anyhow, this mod is amazing, it makes matches playable. The only issues I've been getting so far, are the frequent "Clearing savestates due to !canSim" messages coupled with having to rejoin in some servers due to de-synching during a map change.

Yeah, that is a common issue. Usually it's fine when it happens, but further desynchs can be caused by other small random errors. It's an imperfect mod overall, and I won't have time to refine it to a perfectly working state, but I invite other developers to consider looking into it. (SRB2NetPlus would be most effective if the game's current core state saving/loading code were revamped and optimised so it could be used without heavy code duplication).

I can't compile SRB2NetPlus on linux x86-64 from the repository you've provided in the main post.

GCC 9.3.0
NASM 2.14.02
sdl2_mixer 2.0.4-3
Flags used: LINUX64=1 NOUPX=1 NOVERSION=1

sdl/i_system.c: In function ‘I_GetTime’:
sdl/i_system.c:2212:28: error: ‘lastTimeFudge’ undeclared (first use in this function)
2212 | if (cv_timefudge.value != lastTimeFudge)

make: *** [Makefile:706: ../objs/Linux64/SDL/Release/i_system.o] Error 1

Tell me if there's something wrong I'm doing from my side.
Thanks in advance.

Updated srb2netplus package for Arch Linux/Manjaro to the 2.2.4v4 version, excluding changes from 142a801 "Early implementation of variable time fudge" commit.

To install, extract the zip and run:
sudo pacman -U srb2netplus-2.2.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.zip

Attachments

• srb2netplus-2.2.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 332
Last edited:
To be honest, this is exactly what Srb2 netgames need, shame about the bugs and instability though. I would love to see this in a stable state to be merged into the main game!

Strangely some sfx didn't work anymore. Maybe attached log will give you insight why my game Lua panicked.

Attachments

• netgamelog.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 282
Will this be updated for 2.2.8 and furthr beyond?

you mentioned it works n 2.2.4 does t still work on 2.2.8? If notwil you be updating it

you mentioned it works n 2.2.4 does t still work on 2.2.8? If notwil you be updating it

The author was last online in May. I doubt he will answer you.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Скриншот 09-01-2021 235711.png
    Скриншот 09-01-2021 235711.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 2,047

There's a rushed (but with some improvements) port of it to 2.2.8 made by me, but I don't guarantee any stability, especially with lua mods such as BattleMod. I'm not going to upload the compiled binaries here because of it, and it'd take too much time for me to improve the mod even further.
If you feel adventurous, you can compile the 2.2.8 NetPlus by yourself from here.

There were several cases where people started claiming that they ported the Netplus mod to 2.2.9 and sending malicious executable files in Discord channels and DMs.

To combat this, I've quickly ported it to 2.2.9 myself. It's very-very buggy, it crashes, but it works!
UPDATE: Ported to 2.2.10!

To make sure that the source code is not malicious and trusted, I run a separate repository for it with commit signature verification process to prove that a specific code change comes from the original author and trusted source. It also gives you and other people the ability to ensure that no one can modify verified commits. In other words, the code change you see is really what the author wrote (i.e. it’s not been tampered with).

https://git.do.srb2.org/JohnFrostFox/netplus

There are no binary releases (read Windows "exe"s) as of yet, they'll be released once the mod gets more stable.

Remember to not to download and run exes from random people!
If source code is provided, it's safer to build the "exe" yourself. Consider running a virus scan, checking the properties and details of files before you run them. If you can, you may test them in sandbox environments such as isolated virtual machines. Report fakes to SRB2 staff in forums or Discord.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back