DJ Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrike

DJ Hero

WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY!?

Okay, look. Guitar hero was awesome. Rock band was awesome.
But...do we really need a new generation of fake scratchers thinking they can actually DJ?

I mean, the idea is good. But the results aren't going to be good, in my opinion. What are your thoughts on this?

Do we really need fake guitar players thinking they can actually rock?

The idea is silly, true. I was surprised when I heard about it. But people are still going to buy it, just like they bought Guitar Hero years ago.

I was also expecting a topic like this, made to help hate hip hop and rap. It's not surprising, since users here hate social stuff. Like the iPod and MySpace, for instance.

Strangely enough, I actually like hiphop and rap. I'm just against the idea of a fake DJ set that requires a game to be used.
You're better of getting the real thing and making REAL music.

...I love iPod....

Sounds like a GH ripoff. I'm not sure there are as many people who want to play a DJ then there people who want to play Guitar in a band, but it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Yeah, but Guitar Hero's a Ripoff itself. *coughGuitarFreakscough*
Dj Hero looks incredibly painful to me. We already have Beatmania IIDX for a Dj game too. How do the buttons on the turntable work anyway? It looks horribly awkward.
dj-hero-controller-1.jpg

I already know I preffer playing with this instead.
pe_008.jpg

Just let Konami's BEMANI series do the music games.

Except BEMANI games have incredibly terrible music.

Speaking of terrible music, DJ Hero's setlist is horrible. Despite its developer's track record, I'm looking forward to Scratch: The Ultimate DJ. The setlist looks much more promising.

Oh, and doesn't this belong in Video Gaming?

Activision is just doing the same things Konami did ten years ago. It's not impressive, really.

Beatmania IIDX actually has a fantastic music selection. It's just the US BEMANI and DDR that has the not as awesome music.

Well, part of Rock Band's appeal is the awesome devs. Activision butchered the guitar hero franchise in almost every way imaginable. The only hope for DJ hero is that Activision isn't developing it.

BlueZero4 said:
Well, part of Rock Band's appeal is the awesome devs. Activision butchered the guitar hero franchise in almost every way imaginable. The only hope for DJ hero is that Activision isn't developing it.

Activision isn't a developer.

Seriously, now? Do you guys ditch a game because it makes people think they are DJs?
What is this complete and utter stupidity.
A game has to be played for FUN, to have a GOOD TIME. Having these new controllers add novelty and inventiveness, something that is needed in this era of FPS and JRPGs. Seriously, I don't know whether this game is going to be good or bad. I can see both the pros and cons, but the idea of disliking a game just because of something as superfluous as "not playing a real instrument" is completely illogical. It's not a real instrument, it's a controller designed for a game. I hate you all, sometimes, especially you, John.

Arf said:
Seriously, now? Do you guys ditch a game because it makes people think they are DJs?
A game has to be played for FUN, to have a GOOD TIME. Having these new controllers add novelty and inventiveness, something that is needed in this era of FPS and JRPGs. Seriously, I don't know whether this game is going to be good or bad. I can see both the pros and cons, but the idea of disliking a game just because of something as superfluous as "not playing a real instrument" is completely illogical. It's not a real instrument, it's a controller designed for a game. I hate you all, sometimes, especially you, John.

Well, I for one find it hilarious that Shrike thinks Rock Band and Guitar Hero are awesome, yet he goes ahead and condemns DJ Hero for having a fake instrument.

Arf said:

I think you're right with that, games have to be played for fun, yet there are many games that you cannot have fun with them.
(For some reason i think the word HERO in this game is disliking)

For a real DJ, as for a real Guitar Player, the proper use of the real instrument seems complicated, for the first time. Learning how to play a guitar takes a lot of time, while learning how to play a Guitar game (Guitar hero, in common) takes less time.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Do we really need fake guitar players thinking they can actually rock?
He actually has a point thought, since there are music games that require of an instrument by controller. (Guitar, Drums, Mic, etc.)

Bigboi said:
Well, I for one find it hilarious that Shrike thinks Rock Band and Guitar Hero are awesome, yet he goes ahead and condemns DJ Hero for having a fake instrument.

It's no so much that. It's more like the whole scrolling notes thing is getting old, fast.

On the same token, looking at it closer, I actually do think it's a not-bad idea. I want to see where it's going to go.

To be honest, I never even liked Guitar Hero or Rock Band. I acknowledge that they are good games, but they just aren't my thing. DJ Hero DEFINITELY won't be either.

By the way, as a matter of interest, I'm actually a certified DJ on WIQH. But I've never actually been on air; I've just gotten the training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back