What in life do you think is messed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
on Edge said:
Meh. Considering we get a say in our government. Look at China.
Yays for Tiananmen Square.

Albeit the quality of life in America is undoubtedly better than less developed countries, I still can't help but hate our government. Hypocrisy and corruption are the definitions of the US govt. Look at the War in Iraq. It's a freaking joke. There were never WMDs, and just b/c Saddam was a Dictator aka "a tyrant" it doesn't mean Democracy is the best policy for the Iraqi people. There are MANY more people, many of whom are civilians dying in our forced reform to democracy than when Saddam was in rule. BILLIONS of dollars which could be spent on foreign aid (NOT DEATH) or environmental programs are being thrown away at the expense of American soldiers and their families trying to rebuild Iraq in an institution which will more than likely fail. Saddam's rule may have looked horrible to us, and the insurgents are our "enemies" but how must we have looked when we invaded their country and over threw their government? WE are the invaders, therefore WE are the bad guys. And it's too late to just pull out to save the money and lives. Now that Iraq is in its beginning stage of forming a new government we can't just leave or the country will dissolve into absolute and pure chaos. We're in too deep in a bad situation and we can't just leave it and hope it turns out for the best.

The war in Iraq is not a war on terrorism or a fight to end WMDs (how ironic that some how WE are the first country to use nukes yet we call people who allegedly build them terrorists). It is merely a battle to protect oil interests. Wars are never holy or "in the best interest". They are simply struggles for power and money. It makes the government look like pure phail to try to cover up such actions as "justice" when the youth of the nation can see right through it. War is not equal to peace and never will be. Any excuse to disguise it as such is ludicrous. I appreciate my rights to criticize our govt. like this but I'd rather take those rights without the corruption and pointless war.

Like Kaysakado said, there is no way (in our institutions) for someone with pure intentions to have power. The only way to gain the power to make a difference is to become a corrupt, brainwashed tool. 1/3 of our nation is democrat, 1/3 is republican, and 1/3 doesn't care and votes for whoever they see the most on tv. Whoever has the most advertisement must spend and have the most money. This 1/3 makes the decision since the first 2/3s are tied. If they vote for whoever has the most money, our nation by default is set up to vote for whoever is the most corrupt.

There. I flamed the govt for a reason logical in my eyes. Please try me for treason now. Hang me at high noon Mr. Cowboy president.

...Good Lord that was long. @_@

[quote="XsoniccoreX (814)] Bunch of words.[/quote]

Good, I do not like to stand by and watch people flame without giving a reason. And be happy the way our government is run.

Life today just sucks as a whole, no matter where.

Rapists, gangs, Bush, wars, stupidity, that GLOBAL WARMING crap, poisons, animals dying, and other crap.

Chaos said:
Life today just sucks as a whole, no matter where.

Rapists, gangs, Bush, wars, stupidity, that GLOBAL WARMING crap, poisons, animals dying, and other crap.
When you call global warming "crap", does that mean you think it's false? Or you think it's true, but you're calling it crap because it's bad?

Chaos said:
If WE caused the warming, what the hell caused the Ice Age?
I think it's just a natural cycle of the earth's ecosystems but we're bringing it on A LOT faster than it should be. You saw The Day After Tomorrow right? Storms occur just to correct an imbalance in the atmosphere, so whether it's the current problems we're causing or 10,000 years ago, the ice age is just an inevitable correction we're hastening. We're not 100% to blame but we sure as hell aren't helping.

What else do I think is messed up. Well, obviously global warming.
6.26% of the US's budget is spent on environmental programs while 18.75% is spent on the military. Bush ALLOWED the Kyoto protocol to expire, obviously showing he could care less about the environment. Also, 6.25% ($250,000,000) is tax breaks for big business. Like they need it.
In 1997 Clinton agree to sign it but the senate refused to ratify it claiming it would potentially damage our economy. Like our economy matters when we're all charred remains.
More on all this. http://usliberals.about.com/od/environmentalconcerns/p/KyotoProtocol.htm

Oh and another thing that's messed up, how can we be the richest country when 25% of our budget is interest on our debt? Who pays that off? Ummm we do that's who. :P 25%...that's only a Billion a year. How many years will it take to pay off our debt going at a billion a year? I miss Clinton. :(

Also, social security. It's not a problem now because baby boomers are paying for social security and there's 4 times more of them than the people receiving social security. that's a 4/1 ratio, but when THEY retire that figure is switched. To 1/4. That's ONE of OUR GENERATION paying for FOUR of them. No one can support 4 people! I think once our parents' generation retires, social security will collapse, due to our generation not being able to support them.

- The fact that most people adapt the sentence "Everyone is something special." only to theirselves, not willing to agree that this counts for everyone else, too.
- The fact that some people think others are as simple minded as they are.

-SweetTart- said:
A lot of the scientists now say there is no way humans are the only cause to Global Warming.
Which is absolutely correct but we are still a main cause. ;-P
Hopefully nobody will succeed in pushing away our responsibility in the future. I hated these false, bought scientists of the oil lobby back than when the whole discussion started... Anyway causing or not causing something has to be done against G.W.

When school administration tells you to stay out of fights and to not defend yourself if you get into one.

The idea I have is, don't pick a fight, and don't back out of one.

I would basically only fight if I have to. And that's not even that bad because my fighting style is to dodge my attacker until they're tired, then run like hell. :p

People say you shouldn't fight and that words are more powerful than any gun.

So, they're saying we should defeat all our enemies by calling them meanies or something?

People who are only concerned about themselves. Specifically the people who created the Federal Bank, but not limited to them.

Hmmm....its been snowing all weekend here, I have literally about a foot of new snow, It's STILL snowing....the roads don't look that clear...and I only have a 2 hour delay this morning. I guess that's better than nothing, I could be at school right now. Back to more important things...

EDIT: We measured in english today and there are actually 15 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back