Is it possible to edit 3drend.dll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
Title is self-explanatory. It's the only file I know that lets you add altered graphics without setting the game to "ismodified", which is why I ask.

You'd want to? You're saying this with knowledge that you're not going to play a few netgames, right?

I don't understand. 3drend.dll replaces most graphics and a few headers, and I can join netgames perfectly. How is altering its graphics going to affect netplay?

Blue Warrior said:
I don't understand. 3drend.dll replaces most graphics and a few headers, and I can join netgames perfectly. How is altering its graphics going to affect netplay?

Has something to do with md5sum I think? especially since your editing
the main source...

Perhaps, but I believe you can edit music.dta freely without consequences. So initially, I assumed it could be the same for 3drend.dll.

I tried editing 3drend.dll with XWE and Lumpmod, but neither seemed to have found any data in it. I tried replacing 3drend.dll with a wad file, but when I tried accessing it through xmas mode, it just gave me a checksum error. Then I tried manually adding it through addfile, and it still set the game to "ismodified".

No luck thus far. :(

Try messing with it in a hex editor. See if you can fix the header to make it think its a wad again. I think I read somewhere on these forums that it was necessary for some secret wads.

The dll was successfully edited, but I still got a checksum error when booting up xmas mode. I suppose in order to load in a different file for xmas mode, you'd have to change the exe itself.

*gets to it*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back