[Open Assets] Checkered Zig Zags, a graphics replacement! (CheckeredZigZags.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I'm kinda curious on how [making it transparent] would look, though. Since it would depend on SRB2's palette to determine the colors... It could either look surprisingly good or predictably awful.
In OpenGL, it'd look pretty nice, probably. In Software, it'll look just as bad as... well, anything else transparent in the game.

Personally, I like the third set of numbers you showed off.

That's my favorite, actually! They use the same shading as the one in the SCORE/TIME/RINGS letters.(Although that's not how it was done in ATS, I think that this way looks a lot better.) Something that got me worried is that they're 9x12 while SRB2's are 8x11.

NumbersAgain.png

Luckily, it all seems to be looking fine.

For the sake of software mode, I'd suggest finding a decent alternative for both software and OpenGL simultaneously.

I... Sometimes even forget OpenGL exists. It lags quite a bit and the only visual difference is transparency/shadow effects that look okay. So, yeah, my focus will probably always be on software mode.

But what about the next version? (If anyone cares at all?)
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work on the next update as much as I'd like to. Which is a shame, because it's kinda of a "definitive solution to everything"-version and also SO DARN CLOSE to getting finished. It'll be released soon enough, but I can't really say when...

PS.: Rail rings are awful.

I swear though, the progress on this wad makes me want to use the ATS/BTS soundtrack with it.

Update's here! This should fix all the issues that were commented while still giving you the option to use the old version's rings/title cards!

Can you make the title screen background compatible with resolution 640x480 or some other Non-Reccomended resolutions? and most importantly, Why is 7 a "3"?

Yay the new version dedicated to my feedback, awesome i can't wait to check them out

Can you make the title screen background compatible with resolution 640x480 or some other Non-Reccomended resolutions? and most importantly, Why is 7 a "3"?

Just use recommended resolutions instead, there's a reason they're like that lol

Then stop using DirectDraw builds. They're deprecated for a reason.

Also my SDL2 Build frames sucks. I have a VGA driver wich sucks

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Update's here! This should fix all the issues that were commented while still giving you the option to use the old version's rings/title cards!

The new hud numbers should be better. The number Seven is replaced by another Three.

Also my SDL2 Build frames sucks. I have a VGA driver wich sucks

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

The new hud numbers should be better. The number Seven is replaced by another Three.

You have tried using windowed mode, right? Also tell us how the new hud numbers can actually be better instead of just saying they can be

in regards to the title card bit, maybe try moving it over to the right?

Let's just forget about the title screen background for a while. I'm talking about the issue about the Seven on the HUD Numbers! The issue is the Seven is a Three and there are 2 Three's! This needs to be fixed.

Just played through the campaign with this graphics pack, it's pretty neat! Thank you for including the old start of level title card as a separate download as I quite liked that one!

Although it's slightly impractical given how SRB2's bosses start you in the boss room and often start out with the boss immediately firing, so I can see why you had it changed.

I know i'm being picky here but i find it quite annoying that everything is in separate files, couldn't you just put all the files in one zip?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back