Sonic the Hedgehog Movie

SonicMovieTeaserPoster.jpg
I'd rather have the gag IRL Sonic from Boom be the star. This "real" Sonic is spooky.

I fear what the movie has in mind for the rest of the Möbius cast
YSdap9w.png

lmao this looks like some stupid Usain Bolt Sonic joke, I can't believe this thing is legit.

Cheers to a dumpster fire and the sliver of respect that the Mania team created for Sonic being lost by Paramount.

that was total sarcasm. I'm disgusted by this design.

Not gonna lie I laughed way harder than I should have seeing that fucking poster

Hoooo boy this movie's gonna BOMB

Apparently they saw all the meme Sanic art and decided that was exactly what the franchise really needed.

This is hysterical at the very least.

I'm not even impressed by how awful this looks. My expectations were already so low that I'm completely numb to this reveal.

But uh:
A WHOLE NEW SPEED OF HERO
What does that even mean

Yeah, I also had low expectations on it, but I wasn't expecting it to be... Uh, that much realistic and terrifying, I was expecting something a little bit better, like the fanmade movie
Let's just hope it won't get worse when an official trailer gets released

I wish I could have been a fly in the meeting room where they decided this was a good idea.

There's no way you could convince me that they looked at this and said "yeah this looks fine, nobody is going to mock us for this" so what the H E C K

I've had a day or so to think about this now, and... Based on what I can see, it looks less like Sonic the Hedgehog than it looks like a sneakers(?)-wearing monkey with a "Sonic's head"-esque head, in my opinion.
I don't know whether I want to actually see that Sonic in a well-lit setting ("it can't be that bad") or not ("but what if it is that bad?"), but in either case, I'm not happy about it. (Not sad, but definitely not happy either.)

So, like... Sonic the Hedgehog's arms and legs have basically always(?) been about as wide as his fingers, and just smooth "noodles". This movie character's arms and legs are about as wide as his hands and feet instead of his fingers, and the arms are clearly arm-shaped while the legs are clearly leg-shaped rather than being smooth "noodles". I don't like that. (I also don't like that the arms appear to be blue... but Sonic Boom's Sonic the Hedgehog already has that design thing, so I can't quite "blame" this movie's design-makers for being the first to do that specific thing.)

Last edited:
A bit late on this, but when it was announced it was going to be live-action, I knew that Sonic would be bastardized in some way or fashion similar to how other beloved cartoon characters were portrayed in such movies.

But, this is, by far, the worst redesign I have ever seen. No joke.

It went through concept art, the design was greenlit, It went through numerous drafts and revisions, they wanted it to stick with the general audience, people had to painstakingly ANIMATE this shit.

After witnessing the general negative reactions going around on twitter and discord, I can safely say that I am both in shock and amusement.

Also, from witnessing the reactions, I'm entirely convinced that there's no way this movie can go other than southward. A broken train speeding along its railway until it hits the wall first, and then the resulting debris scattering all around the car dumpster and having it explode gmod style.

I'm expecting this movie to be so ungodly bad that its hilarious to see it in action just from the design alone. Never mind the story, the characters, and the setting, this design alone is what will make the movie nothing but bad, yet hysterical to look at.

With all that said:

Thank you, Paramount, I hate it :V

I wish. I could wash my eye balls and my brain, because WHAT THE FUGDE WAS THAT. Sorry about the language. I mean what where they thinking. Wait oh yeah they weren't, because if they were somebody would have said "no this is going to inspire nightmares in kids and grown men of all ages".

Weird seeing nobody posted the second poster, so I might as well provide it for your entertainment:

(Click image itself for source)

Last edited:
Honestly it'd probably be fine if his proportions didn't look quite so human. The legs in that leaked poster are eerily manly.

I saw an article complaining about the fur in the first poster. I didn't mind the fact that he had fur (it looked fine on Werehog, regardless of who liked him). The muscles were weird though. And the part that creeped me out the most were the hands. Put some gloves on those things!

But after seeing the second poster, now I am ready to complain about the fur.

So I guess this movie is setting out to compete with the original Mario live-action movie...

I knew it's going to be dumpster fire the moment I've heard it's live-action, but this is hysterical.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back