What is the hardest Sonic boss you ever fought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 5 hard bosses.

Sonic Choas last boss.
The frustrating battle with eggman and his non-complex ostrich that shoots bouncy projectiles in the room. Takes about 50 hits to destroy it. But it's pretty cheap and difficult. It depleted a bunch of my lives, leaving me with only a few lives left until game over.

Sonic Triple Trouble last boss (last phase).
Seeing as Eggman simutlaneously shoots lasers from random spots frm the ceiling and eggman projected by a shield of lasers going up and down the pipes, you'll have to dodge until the power goes down. Though, you can only hit him at least 3 times. the 3rd time is a bit suicidle though. What's cheap about this is that even if you have rings and you take damage, you won't be able to recover your rings.

Sonic 2 (Game Gear) first boss.
Simply you can't destroy it. You'll have to dodge the cannonball like figures boucing down the slope, which is pretty hard. It'll take a while to master. First time I faced it, I thought I could destroy the boss by jumping on it. But, you know. First-timer's trap.

Sonic the Hedgehog last boss.
Similar to the last (phase) boss in Triple Trouble, this one is a bit nicer. Except with crushers that come in random routines and Eggman popping out ridiculously in the clear.

Sonic 2 second to last boss.
Silver Sonic or whoever this metal character similar to Metal Sonic is pretty hard to kill. Especially without rings, which means you'll have to be careful.

These are the hardest bosses I've ever fought in my playing of the Sonic series.

1. Sir Lancelot (2nd fight) Sonic & The Black Knight. Christ I can not stress it enough how much of a git Shadow can really be when he wants to. Spamming his chaos abilities more often than he is sword fighting. Getting this one with 5 star ranking was a right pain in the ass.

2. Sonic Chaos Final Boss. This boss was more annoying than hard, hi projectiles bounced everywhere and it took them ages for them to go away and to mix it in, this thing takes about several tons of hit to take down.

3. Sonic 2 Final Boss (Knuckles) You thought Sonic & Tails' method was hard? try doing Knuckles'. He has to hit right where the crotch area of the robot is without even getting hit by the arms and the rest of the body which can kill him within one hit which is quite hard to pull off at times, otherwise you'll have to hit him when he crouches after he lands.

4. Sonic 2 GG 1st Boss. More cheap than hard especially in the GG version where the screen is smaller and much faster. If you didn't know the patterns of the cannonballs you were pretty much ****ed (well that's for me anyways)

5. Sonic CD's last boss is not hard, but I am noting down this mainly because of how damn cheap this boss can really be. The first hit, it's almost impossible to do without getting hurt and if you have no rings, you're stuffed (unless someone knows a different method) and the blades get even more faster with the attacks being a small bit of a pain at times to dodge, though it does make up for it's rather low HP.

My top 4 are:

1. Erazor dude from sonic and the secret rings

2. Dark Gaia and Perfect Chaos

3. Brak Eggman

4.Solaris from sth360

Actually, the easiest Sonic boss ever is The Final Fight in Sonic Megamix normal mode. health 1 = FAIL.

The hardest boss is the Sonic/Blaze fight in Sonic Rush. Having to mash like that for such a long time literally hurts.

Sonic 2 second to last boss.
Silver Sonic or whoever this metal character similar to Metal Sonic is pretty hard to kill. Especially without rings, which means you'll have to be careful.

Pfft, Silver Sonic is incredibly easy; spindash just in front of him at the begin to hurt him and dash right out when he goes into spinning himself. Then just attack him. I can beat him in less than 15 seconds this way.

Anyways, the hardest boss was probably the Metropolis Zone boss from Sonic 2. It was so damn frustrating to hit him.

Sonic 2 GG's 1st boss? Bah, that boss is really easy if you compare him to the final boss! Getting the emeralds is hard enough, but a machine that can shoot energy balls and zap the whole battlefield? And you're supposed to hit it! Being safe in tubes you can't see...It's so painfully hard! I had to use lots of save states just to beat it!

And that's my opinion for today!

The hardest boss for me was Sonic 1 Labyrinth Zone 3.Dont get me wrong,I actually love water levels(OMGZ NOVA UR WEIRD IZ APPRCIATED) but the boss in that act required careful timing of your jumps,a shield to give you 1 free cheap shot recovery,and you being fast enough to make it without air pockets.Even worse if you get spiked by the Tiger head/Jabbing spike combo,you would then glitch all the way back to the bottom of the boss start.By then,you would drown anyways.

Theres really no hard Sonic bosses there just all annoying not hard theres a, diffrence well other than brak eggman in SRB2. Sonics bosses are annoying because there easy but when you run out of rings and die you get pissed off because the boss is so easy your just wondering how you died. Most Sonic bosses are beatable first or second time, second time should only be for final bosses like soloris phase 2 or dark gaia, another reason is that Sonic bosses are boring because they just reapeat there attacks and lines over again an there easy to get used too.

Last edited:
Other than the first boss of Sonic 2 GG and the final one in the same game, all the other ones were a piece of cake. ^^

Theres really no hard Sonic bosses there just all annoying not hard theres a diffrence well other than brak eggman in SRB2 Sonics bosses are annoying because there easy but when you run out of rings and die you get pissed off because the boss is so easy your just wondering how you died most sonic bosses are beatable first or second time second time should only be for final bosses like soloris phase 2 or dark gaia another reason is that Sonic bosses are boring because they just reapeat there attacks and lines over again an there easy to get used too.
Good God, please use full stops after each sentence. Not trying to be a grammar nazi, but run-on paragraphs are extremely annoying to read.

The Carnival Night Zone 2 Barrel. What, that counts as a boss. Right?
Obvious troll :P

I remember the Ice Cap boss giving me a hard time when I was 5. I have never played Launch Base until 3 months ago, to be honest ^^
I can't really remember any other bosses that gave me a hard time.

Hm... Perfect Chaos was hard. Kept running out of rings.
I haven't gotten to Biolizard yet (Freakin Knuckles' part of Cannon's Core >.<)
METAL MADNESS. Ugh, that took forever!
Um... any others.... well, The second Sonic/Shadow battle in SA2 takes me forever, but its not hard.
I'll probably edit when I fight Biolizard.

Theres really no hard Sonic bosses there just all annoying not hard theres a, diffrence well other than brak eggman in SRB2. Sonics bosses are annoying because there easy but when you run out of rings and die you get pissed off because the boss is so easy your just wondering how you died. Most Sonic bosses are beatable first or second time, second time should only be for final bosses like soloris phase 2 or dark gaia, another reason is that Sonic bosses are boring because they just reapeat there attacks and lines over again an there easy to get used too.
I'm with SpiritCrusher on this. Commas don't substitute as periods. Anyways the hardest sonic boss for me was... Wow I might have to agree with KKC, most sonic bosses are easy.

Can't really say any of them were terribly difficult but the hardest (In my opinion of course) was S2's last boss. I also agree that Biolizard was just freaking annoying...

I'm not a huge fan of sonic...I just happened to find SRB2 (the only sonic game I have) but the hardest boss I've played is the mystic realm final boss. Oh god it took FOREVER to get there (single player).

For the Sonic serie

Sonic 1: last boss
Sonic 2: Death Egg zone : both are hard
Sonic 3: Launch Base final boss and Marble Garden as tails
S&K: Death egg bosses
Sonic 3D Blast: Final Fight (I not sure about the name)
Sonic Heroes: Metal Sonic Boss

EDIT:
And for SRB2, Brak Eggman: Oh man the first time I fought this boss, I though it was impossible untill I keep trying to figure it out how to beat him. Still hard but very fun.

Last edited:
Hey now that I think of it, Sonic series DID hae a hell-ass boss, anyone remembers the Metal Sonic fight in Death Egg´s eye from Sonic Fighters? I do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back