• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Cryptosporidium 138 W.I.P. (Alpha Version Now Availible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zck2020

Well, I just git inspired after playing the Destroy All Humans games. I've decided to make the Crypto from DAH 2 because I think his suit looks the coolest. Anyway, I've only gotten about twenty or so spites done, so here they are:

demo3qf4.png

So tell me what you think of the sprites, concept, plausibility, and etc.

EDIT: Here's the Alpha release:
Crypto.wad

EDIT: Here's the final release topic:
http://www.ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=13853

Didn't expect this! I always wondered if there would be a wad of him here. I also liked playing the DAH! series too. Something about his diagonal view makes me feel funny.Also, is that color you play in 1p becuase his suit is grey. I just got two more things to say: 1) make his head a little more bigger and 2) make him a little thinner similiar to how he is (big head and a skinny,small body).I'll comment more when you give out more info.

Really? I didn't know that. (Funny Fact: I though Pox was a girl when I first played the game XD)

Supersonic XXyr said:
Didn't expect this! I always wondered if there would be a wad of him here. I also liked playing the DAH! series too. Something about his diagonal view makes me feel funny.Also, is that color you play in 1p because his suit is grey. I just got two more things to say: 1) make his head a little more bigger and 2) make him a little thinner similar to how he is (big head and a skinny,small body).I'll comment more when you give out more info.
Well,
-His suit is green because that is the sprite's null color. His suit will be gray in-game, but not as a raw sprite. Example: Sonic sprites being blue in-game, but not as regular sprites.
-I can try to make his head a little bigger horizontally, but not vertically because he's taller than Sonic as it is already. But I see what you mean.
-I also see what you mean. I guess since I'm a bit OCD, I try to cram too much detail into too small a space. That's probably why he looks a bit beefy. I'll slim him down a bit.

Now, here is some more info.:
-He will shoot Disintigrator Ray as ringslinger
-I plan to [somehow] make a saucer character to go with this one
-I'm having trouble finding any sounds. I need the following sounds:
-Disintigrator Ray shooting
-Disintigrator Ray hitting something
-Some age appropriate Crypto taunts from DAH
-Crypto's Pain Sound

If you come across any of these could you please PM me a link or something? I just can't seem to find them. Also, do these sprites look a ton like Crypto, or just vaguely?

EDIT: Ok, I found some free time and I slimmed him up a bit:

demo2zl6.png

EDIT2: Never mind about help with the sounds, I found some. (Why isn't anyone replying?)

OMG a reply *stabbed*

Yea i noticed you have worked on the shading quite a bit but what about the other standing frames =/

zck2020 said:
demo3qf4.png

I haven't just been sitting on my hands this whole time. ;-P
8P, looking good but im guessing the jet pack sprites are for the running and walking frames am i right or at least close =P

Silent_Snipe said:
zck2020 said:
<Unneeded>

I haven't just been sitting on my hands this whole time. ;-P
8P, looking good but im guessing the jet pack sprites are for the running and walking frames am i right or at least close =P
Actually, the big jetpack sprites are for falling, spindashing, and his fly ability. The small jetpack sprites are for jump and spring falling up. I have yet to animate his walking, running, hurt, dead, tails pickup, bubble grab, on the edge, and idle sprites. Sorry, still got a long way to go. But, I do however have everything else done (SOCcing, addons, etc.). So if you want to test what's been done so far, here it is:

Crypto.wad

Ok, tested him and i think hes a bit to big compared to everything else, any chance you could shrink his size to fit the other things.

Nope.

EDIT: Lame Excuse: If you think about it in real terms, hedgehogs are very small compared to humans. Crypto is about the size of a 12 year old. So, he would be bigger than the things that are normal sized for hedgehogs.

Also, go bop a invincibility monitor while playing Crypto. I've made a bit of a change to that.

zck2020 said:
Nope.

EDIT: Lame Excuse: If you think about it in real terms, hedgehogs are very small compared to humans. Crypto is about the size of a 12 year old. So, he would be bigger than the things that are normal sized for hedgehogs.

Also, go bop a invincibility monitor while playing Crypto. I've made a bit of a change to that.
Well i no longer need drugs, thanks zck202 *shot*

If you've played Destroy All Humans 2!, then you'll get the joke. ;)

EDIT: You don't need to quote an entire previous post that's right before yours.

The wad is awesome so far.All hail clones! Can't wait until he has running sprites.Also he should be smaller (Sonic was the size of a 12 year old too).I like the invincibilty thing,it was awesome.What is his waiting frames anyway?Weird how DAH! was set in the 70s,80s and so on.I forgot something...all hail hippie parties XD!!!It was funny about the psychic move that makes people party.

Actually, the DAH was set in the 50's, DAH2 was set in the 60's, and DAH3 was set in the 70's. About the size, well, you'll just have to bare with that. I've tried making him as small as sonic, and there's no way to make it look good. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back