Please help me install it

so while yes, I can install it, it comes up with a warning. So when you start a no save of the mod, modern sonic is green and no actions work (the only thing you can do is walk). here are the errors from the console:

WARNING: ...addons\VCL_ModernSonic-V5.11.pk3|Lua/ModernSonic.lua:84: attempt to index global 'skincolors' (a nil value)
WARNING: Line 496: Unknown action A_RETICLETHINKER
WARNING: Line 505: Unknown action A_RETICLETHINKER
WARNING: Line 514: Unknown action A_RETICLETHINKER
WARNING: Line 523: Unknown action A_RETICLETHINKER
WARNING: Line 532: Unknown action A_RETICLETHINKER
WARNING: Line 541: Unknown action A_RETICLETHINKER
WARNING: ...ds\srb2\addons\VCL_ModernSonic-V5.11.pk3|Lua/HUD.lua:1514: attempt to compare number with nil

if you could tell me how to fix these warnings that would be great!

EDIT: wait nvm i found the problem my game is outdated

Last edited:
type in the console hudstyle (numbers 1-9)

Actually, it's numbers 0-6.

0: Normal HUD, with only the Boost Gauge

1: Sonic Unleashed

2: Sonic Generations

3: Sonic Forces

4: Sonic Colors

5: Sonic 06

6: Sonic Rush

shit: 1.09.4-style HUD

Last edited:
Actually, it's numbers 0-6.

0: Normal HUD, with only the Boost Gauge

1: Sonic Unleashed

2: Sonic Generations

3: Sonic Forces

4: Sonic Colors

5: Sonic 06

6: Sonic Rush

well we do have one more, Hudstyle Shit. It's a shitty 1.09.4 HUDstyle you can use if you type 'hudstyle shit' in the console

I love this mod, and i think just adding QuickStep to complete the Modern Experience, so will be a complete Modern Sonic Gameplay!

And Upgrades like Sonic Unleashed, Speed Upgrade, Boost Upgrade and a new "Rush Mode Upgrade" Maybe? idk... just giving ideas.

I've got a brand new suggestion that might actually be cool.
Partners.
Partners that fly alongside you that'd be a cool cosmetic, and the options (as far as i know) would be
1: Chip
2: Yacker
3: Sharah (Secret Rings) or Tikal (Adventure)

I've got a brand new suggestion that might actually be cool.
Partners.
Partners that fly alongside you that'd be a cool cosmetic, and the options (as far as i know) would be
1: Chip
2: Yacker
3: Sharah (Secret Rings) or Tikal (Adventure)

chip afaik already exists externally with the pets mod, and i think yacker does as well.
the other two though, well, you could always make them yourself.

umm hey could you add homing attack lock on so the play style would be comeplete example: if someone wanted to do generations play through in srb2 they would want the generations homing attack lock on and not stick with unleashed homing attack lock on all the time.

if you see this reply please

Last edited:
umm hey could you add homing attack lock on so the play style would be comeplete for example like if someone wanted to do generations play through like in srb2 they would want the generations hud and not stick with unleashed homing attack lock on all the time.

if you see this reply please

Please, for our sanity, PLEASE re-read your replies. You should also add some punctuation along with the spelling fixes.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

I love this mod, and i think just adding QuickStep to complete the Modern Experience, so will be a complete Modern Sonic Gameplay!

And Upgrades like Sonic Unleashed, Speed Upgrade, Boost Upgrade and a new "Rush Mode Upgrade" Maybe? idk... just giving ideas.

Motdspork said months ago that this isn't a "choose your Modern Sonic experience" it's a defintive experience of the previous iterations of the Modern Sonic we've seen. Almost an idelized version we seen in the past. The quickstep doesn't exist because, it would make the controls even more confusing and cramped, and SRB2's movement is so perfected we don't need a quickstep since tapping movement keys is literately a quickstep (described as strafing) officially by SRB2 devs.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

point of advice don't use hudstyle shit

Most certainty agreed, use 'hudstyle 0' for a better nostalgia feel. Though I'm still waiting for the 2.1 hudstyle from ModernAbilties to better fuel the nostalgic feel I had back when 2.1 was still a thing.

srb20028.png

Standing atop a building

srb20029.png

3D Models

What stage is that?

Alright this my favorite character wad. There is one little problem nothing serious but this happens in Super form. Go up to a wall and jump onto the wall and jump off it and you will see a brown Modern Sonic for a split second.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 10, Members: 3, Guests: 7)

Back