mitsame

profile.png

25 racers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pack now includes separate PK3s! Simply download the pack and there will be a folder containing each character separately.

NOTE: Aerith has exactly *one* swear as one of her hurt quotes. Please keep that in mind when downloading!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iTiw7IweE90lDFtG6qGo2gtWByikJ2iC

Now featuring my favorite character!!!

STATS

statprofs.png

Also featuring...

attachment.php

Mario Kart 64's Pipe Frame as a Kartmaker template!

UPDATES

V12 (2/28/22)

Aerith, the 25th racer, has been added.
  • Fixed a coloring error on JFK.

V11K (11/29/20)

A new kart template, the Pipe Frame from Mario Kart 64, is included in the pack.
  • The following characters now use the pipe frame: Mario, Luigi, Metal Mario, Mona, 9-Volt & 18-Volt, Ashley, Wario-Man, Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi.
  • Wario-Man has been reshaded to be more in-line with the other characters.

V11 - SUPER (11/29/20)

= Added Lucas.

= Redrew Mario.
  • Internally named "KC_SuperMario".

= Redrew Luigi.
  • Internally named "KC_SuperLuigi".

= Redrew Metal Mario.
  • Internally named "KC_MetalMario_R".

= Redrew Kumatora.
  • Internally named "KC_Kumatora_R".

= Redrew Pit.
  • Internally named "KC_ClassicPit".

= Redrew Ramona.

= Redrew Paper Mario.
  • Internally named "KC_PaperMario_R".

• Minor sprite fixes were made for 9-Volt & 18-Volt, Wario-Man, Alex, Osomatsu, and JFK.
  • Fixed Super Show Mario's prefcolor to be crimson instead of rosewood.

V10 (10/23/20)

= Redrew Mario & Luigi.
  • Internally, this new Mario & Luigi is "KC_MarioandLuigi_R". The original design can still be found in KC Separate as its own file (KC_MarioandLuigi), and both can be loaded simultaneously with no problems.

= Added Osomatsu (Osokart).

= Added Karamatsu (KARAMATSU AGOGO).

= Added 2D.

• Revised Ramona and Wario-Man's signpost graphics and associated portraits.
  • Fixed the prefixes for Kart 8 Mario, Kart 8 Luigi, Metal Mario, Kumatora, Pit, Mob, Reigen, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi (Original), and Super Show Mario in their individual .PK3s to be unique to prevent conflict.
  • Fixed Kart 8 Mario's drift frames so he glances in the direction he's turning.

V9 (10/11/20)

= Added Biker Wario.

= Added Mona.

= Added 9-Volt & 18-Volt.

= Added Ashley (Redesign).

= Added Wario-Man.

• Revised JFK's small portrait to make the chosen color more clear.

V8 (10/4/20)

= Added Ramona Flowers.

= Added JFK.

• Reordered some of the characters on the character select screen to make more sense.

V7 (1/2/20)

= Added Alex.

• Fixed a bug involving certain character's rank, mini-map, and wanted portraits loading with a bad sprite name in the full PK3.
  • For some reason, I can't actually attach files to the thread anymore, so the upload link is now a Google Drive link to the .zip.

V6 (4/7/19)

= Added Mob.

= Added Reigen.

V5
(3/30/19)

= Added Luigi.

• Reorganized characters by franchise and type.

V4 (3/23/19)

= Added Pit.

= Removed all LUA files and adjusted character palettes accordingly.

• Super Show Mario's shirt is now cyan.
  • Kumatora's dress now entirely changes color.
  • Mario & Luigi have their overalls change color. Kart color also matches overalls.

V3 (2/13/19)

= Added Mario and Metal Mario.

= Added an additional download for individual PK3s.

• Unnecessary files have been removed from Goombakart.

V2 (2/9/19)

= Added a LUA-less version of the pack (KC_mitpack_v2.pk3) for replay support and general support going forward.
  • Mario and Luigi's overalls + kart change color in KCL pack.
  • Super Show Mario's cap and overalls change color in KCL pack.
= Fixed some things about Kumatora.
  • Both of her boost voice clips will now play properly. No idea why they didn't before.
  • Rebalanced her slightly (weight 3 -> 4).
= Goombakart now has attacking voice lines.

Attachments

• pipeframe_kartmaker.zip
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,399
  • pipeframe.gif
    pipeframe.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 54,588
Last edited:
I was a bit wary about adding this due to the odd joke characters (goombakart I've seen on Discord so I assume that's some kind of injoke I just don't know about), but the quality of the other characters made up for it. Welcome to releases!

Updated the pack- there were a few things here and there that were bothering me that I've now fixed, on top of adding a version of the pack that works without two-color/LUA for those who want that. I've detailed all the changes in the OP + updated the download link!

I've updated the pack to version 3- both the KC and KCL packs contain folders with each character as a separate PK3 for ease of use! I've also added two new characters- Mario and Metal Mario!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• kart0001.png
    kart0001.png
    27 KB · Views: 51,221
  • kart0000.png
    kart0000.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 48,232
I've updated the pack to version 3- both the KC and KCL packs contain folders with each character as a separate PK3 for ease of use! I've also added two new characters- Mario and Metal Mario!

Moderator Notice:
It's not against the rules, but why do you feel the need to quote the post directly above you, even the huge images included?

*Ahem* don't you see we already had 3 marios (and luigi) and now you add 2 more marios? dont you see that we already have a mario wad in SRB2 Kart by DirkTH? is there a explanation on making this character pack? (calm down or dont make a infraction on me im just saying that we already have a mario i SRB2 Kart ok?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you being as an ass about it? Let the author do what they want. It's not harming anybody, and people are free to do their own versions already existing characters, like the different Sonics. It's just this author's version of Mario, and even an edit that makes him Metal Mario because "why not".

is there a explanation on making this character pack? (calm down or dont make a infraction on me im just saying that we already have a mario i SRB2 Kart ok?)

Because I like Mario! The next character won't be another Mario.

Technically, this Mario is meant to fit alongside Virt's fantastic Daisy- both are based on their Mario Kart 8 incarnations.

On another note, I've fixed up some incompatibility issues regarding this Mario and DirkTH's. You should be able to use the KCL versions of both this pack and Dirk's Mario without a hitch. Mario's file has also been renamed to "Kart8Mario" so it's easier to tell the two apart.

Because I like Mario! The next character won't be another Mario.

Technically, this Mario is meant to fit alongside Virt's fantastic Daisy- both are based on their Mario Kart 8 incarnations.

On another note, I've fixed up some incompatibility issues regarding this Mario and DirkTH's. You should be able to use the KCL versions of both this pack and Dirk's Mario without a hitch. Mario's file has also been renamed to "Kart8Mario" so it's easier to tell the two apart.

well... mistery solved of "why is there another mario wad in SRB2 Kart"

wanted to say that these are probably my favorite characters to use in srb2k! thanks for making these and i hope to see more!

I've updated the pack, and have added Pit! He's sporting a design inspired by both the original game and Uprising.

attachment.php

Furthermore, I've removed the option for a LUA download. It's simply too much for me to juggle at once, and LUA scripted characters aren't compatible with single player anyway. I have ideas for how to give certain previously LUA-built characters two-tone palettes, but they would require new palettes to be added to the base game. I've got a bunch of patch notes in the OP as usual!

Attachments

• char.png
    char.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 30,705
  • char.png
    char.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 39,465
Luigi is here! Now you can race as both Mario brothers. More details in the OP!

attachment.php

We are now at 10 characters!! Wow!! Next update I may start to split this pack up, though I'm not entirely sure how I'd want to go about doing so. I think it ultimately depends on who I complete next.

Attachments

• srb2kart_2019-03-30_14-17-54.png
    srb2kart_2019-03-30_14-17-54.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 30,716
  • srb2kart_2019-03-30_14-17-54.png
    srb2kart_2019-03-30_14-17-54.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 38,034
I wouldn't mind 2 packs: Serious and Joke.
That way you can make all the joke characters you want and others won't feel like the 8-bit Link and Goombah are sort of deadweight.

Dimpsy has a good point, plus it'd reduce clutter on servers that host the pack mainly only for the more seriously-designed characters.

I'm not sure what exactly in my pack constitutes as a "serious" character, though, besides 8-Bit Link and Goombakart, which are obviously joke characters.

8-Bit Link I was planning on giving an overhaul so he's closer to a voxel character visually with all 8 directions which blurs the line even more, and I think even still there's only 2 joke characters out of a total of 10 if the only thing that defines which ones are jokes are the amount of effort put in. There's a lot of Marios but the only one closest to a joke is Super Show Mario, who isn't really a joke, just a funny character. Every Mario regardless has an equal amount of effort put in, but if I were to split off the Marios into their own pack, I feel as though the problem would persist because it would take up another add-on slot and people would just use it for one Mario.

The simplest answer I think would be to cut the joke characters, however I know they have their uses and I'm pretty confident in the mindset that not everyone sees them as "deadweight", especially 8-Bit Link. Furthermore I don't really know if I have any other joke character ideas that I couldn't also just turn into "funny characters that have effort put into them", or ones that I wouldn't add to the pack on principle alone.

Version 6 is here along with Mob and Reigen from Mob Psycho 100! We're now at 12 whole characters! Hooray!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• kart0010.png
    kart0010.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 37,154
  • kart0011.png
    kart0011.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 36,746

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back