This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

MK.exe

The one and only!
Kart Krew™️
The 2nd track to Snail cup which has got a similar aesthetic as Daytona Speedway.

It's a small, nice 4 lapper with some nice shortcuts that are super helpful.

Enjoy and report bugs and junk to me/here

Music - Knuckles Chaotix - Door into Summer

Some textures and things were used from Texture.kart

Changelog
V1
- Initial Release

Attachments

• kart0024.png
    kart0024.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 663
  • kart0025.png
    kart0025.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 569
  • kart0014.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 507
  • kart0018.png
    kart0018.png
    309 KB · Views: 634
  • KR_VerdantRaceway_v1.zip
    764.8 KB · Views: 794
Last edited:
Alright, so, I like this map. It's well-constructed an had a some good texturing, The slope play is also in the same style as Lake Magorite was, which is great...

But the overall design lacks any sort of personality. While the turns are different, there is never much unconscious decision making going on anywhere, it's all the same. Let me elaborate with examples.

Green hills an incredibly simple course with a few unique choice to make while driving. The overhang turn has ramp immediately after the turn directly in the middle. You can go up the ramp, or down either side. Neither has any real drawback or advantage with no items, but throw a banana or a mushroom into the mix, and suddenly you have a shortcut or three good spots for a trap. After the final tunnel, the path splits. The wide roads are easy to drive, and going left lines up for the shortcut, while right lines up for the turn ahead.

Pipe Speedway on the other hand has less choice for the player to make, but more opportunity for speed gains. There's more room for the player to engage with the course itself, rather than just drive well and don't hit the wall or offroad.

I think that's the issue I'm having with this map here. There's just no interaction with the course here you can take advantage of besides the booster. Even the jump ends before anything interesting can happen.

Lastly, your shortcut could use some work. To be specific, it's both hard to enter and hard to exit. A good shortcut is usually difficult to enter (hard to see/ hard to line up a jump) but easy to exit for cutting off time. (Green hills's first shortcut is a good example of this).

All in all it's a well constructed course and is fun to drive, but it's lacking that player interaction that prevents it from really standing out.

Thank you for the feedback.

I'll have a look at the layout again and use said example (as well as others) to improve both the shortcut as well as the personality aspect of the level.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back