TwistedMobile03.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

Some of you might remember the TackleMobile boss I made for the previous SRB2 version. I converted the whole thing to SRB2 2.0 and updated it.

Twisted Mobile 02
f001c1.png

I added new abilities and made sure it works entirely like a "real" SRB2 boss. Though to accomplish this I had to use some of the new soc actions I implemented with my custom exe mod. This means the wad won't work and/or crash the game without the latest version of srb2morphed.exe. In case of doubt redownload it. I included a batfile in the zip to save you some time ;)
After you run the game start a new SP game and you will encounter the boss. It has 4 different behaviours depending on its current livepoints. I tried start out easy and raise the difficulty with every new behaviour.

I hope you enjoy the fight. ^___^

Attachments

• TwistedMobile03.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,269
Last edited:
Interesting boss, though if I had to say one thing is that when it jumped around it was hard to tell that you couldn't actually hit the boss. Maybe if you had the shield sprite larger and surround the boss as he is jumping, it would be more obvious.

Great boss. I actually had fun against this. I would prefer that it had regular colors, though.

Please, keep feeding me fun.

(hmmm... this sound is familiar)

I have a question: why sometimes I hear tunes 200 when boss hits me?

EDIT:

* Ezer'Arch plays again; lets the boss hit him; pauses the game and starts to dance.

EDIT2:

I discovered a thing: the collision between player and "green shields" behind the boss is playing tunes 200 (Disco Zombie).

Last edited:
@Eblo:
Depending on how much work it will take to convert the palette back I might cover that with the next release. The ammount of sprites is quite huge...

Ezer.Arch is right that soundeffect is played if you are very close to the object. O_o

I am not quite sure if the mobile itself or the TackleOrbs are causing this but I can definitely say that it only occurs during A_TurretFire (rapid TackleOrb spawn). Is the sfx's ID really 200? I browsed through the soc multiple times I did not use it at all.

I'll try to find the cause of this error so that I can fix it. Right now I have no clue. Thank God it's just a minor issue. ^^'

Is the sfx's ID really 200? I browsed through the soc multiple times I did not use it at all.
I'm wrong, I confused the sfx that Thing 708 plays (ID: DSAMBINT) with tunes 200 (both are similar each other).

Last edited:
Another amazing machine made by one to be proud of.
This boss is very well socced and well made. The problem in here is that it's quite annoying when doing it's attacks and the colors are... argh...
But still it's a well done boss. 7,5/10

UPDATE

Ok I fixxed that zombie music bugg. Furthermore I converted ALL graphics to the new palette. It was plain evil but now it's done...
Additionally the final blow on the enemy will knock you back as all the other ones, too, the TackleOrbs have half decent sprites now and some sfxs have been changed to more appropriate ones.

Redownload and enjoy! ^__^

Can you provide a mirror? The attachments I download from the MB never work for me. Only ones on a file hosting site. (Like SRB2FFH)

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to add this, it's simply labled as a file in my SRB2ME folder and not a soc or wad. Do I need to place it into a level or something?

I'm not sure how to add this, it's simply labled as a file in my SRB2ME folder and not a soc or wad. Do I need to place it into a level or something?
You do realize that the attachement is a zip file and therefor a compressed archive and not the actual wad... do you? O_o

Ok... here is something people have to get right... the motest.soc file has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the changes evoked by the exe file on srb2. You don't need this file for soc scripts that make use of the exe, you don't need the file for anything at all. The file is just there for testing purposes and to give you an idea!!!

Important and relevant is ONLY the srb2morphed.exe file. To make this boss work it is intended to work you only need to execute srb2morphed.exe and add TwistedMobile02.wad to the game. BAM, DONE, PERIOD!!! x__x

I am not sure about your file handling problem. There should be two files located inside the zip archive. One bat file and one wad file. If I redownload it everything seems fine. :|

Last edited:
I already know that motest.soc has nothing to do with the exe, I was just showing an example of my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back