• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Community Asset Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea... Really, I do! It's just that... well, not that much has been donated by the very few people listed there. There isn't enough added crap to be considered useful to put it completely bluntly. Most of the added thing gfx are useless, and most of the new textures are just recolors of SRB2 originals. I'd use it... but only if it wasn't useless. Rename it to "The SRB2 Community Asset Package" or something, so it doesn't feel exclusive. I mean, it's better to get very little (yet great) things from many people, than to get lots of cheaply rushed peaces of... yeah, from a few people, right?

The current content is extremely lacking. I fail to see how any of this is more useful than what we have by default. I may contribute, but at the moment, what's the point?

Exactly. I could contribute 1000+ things easily, but I want to be sure it's worth it. Otherwise I'll just continue using what I had developed for myself...

on Edge said:
The current content is extremely lacking. I fail to see how any of this is more useful than what we have by default. I may contribute, but at the moment, what's the point?
The point is to get more people to contribute things so it is no longer extremely lacking in content. The more contributions, the better it gets, and the more people contribute. It's a nearly endless cycle of joy.

GravityShield1.png
GravityShield2.png
GravityShield3.png
GravityShield4.png
GravityShield5.png

Use It for a shield which protects you from space countdown

Is there even a way to add new shield types to SRB2 without EXE mods, though?

Huh? I`m sure I've seen a socced in sheild before...

Also I would love to contribute but I pha1l at making textures. *Sobs*

No it wont. Listen, you shouldn't give advice or tips if you don't know what you're talking about. Each shield has it's own graphic, even though they're all recolors of the same design.

Yeah, but you can add new shields if they combine the effects of the built-in ones, making a suber-uber-mega-1337 shield zomg lowtfbbq!

EDIT: This was in reply to the last post on page 2. I didn't notice there was a third page. =/

Now with wall spikes!

Three things to say. First off: Beta 2's out. Go get it, etcetera.
Sendspace
SRB2FFH

Secondly... Introducing wall spikes! I can't believe nobody made these before, but here they are.
srb20189ub6.png

Wall Spike Test WAD (SendSpace)
Use them in your level, if you wish. The test WAD requires the latest beta of the Asset Pack to be loaded as a resource WAD, but you'll probably have that. After all, you're in this topic, aren't you? ;)

Lastly, I'm rather disappointed with the number of contributions lately. I feel like I'm doing all the work here, despite this being a community package. The point of a community package is to involve as much of the community as possible, and I just don't feel like I'm getting enough effort out of you guys. But on a brighter note, the contributions so far have been quite nice. So thanks, everyone on the front page.

neospikewall.png

Changes from Boinciel's version:
  • Texture to patch existing wall textures that makes the spikes seem round head-on.
  • Running off the top of the spikes does no longer hurt you.
  • You can no longer climb on the spikes as Knuckles, etc.
  • Spike collision compacted to the bare minimum so you have to really ram yourself in there in order to sustain damage.
  • Spikes have a drop shadow in OpenGL mode.
  • Does not require the wad at the first page of the topic (although I admit this goes a bit against the point of this resource).
Download Link

Re: Now with wall spikes!

Boinciel said:
Secondly... Introducing wall spikes! I can't believe nobody made these before, but here they are.

Now THAT'S creative. I never thought of doing it that way. What is it, a triangle-shaped FOF combined with a midtexture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back