Sonic stands in his falling sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
I thought I'd give Character WADding a shot by making full 360 degrees rotation sprites of the Sonic CD Special Stage sprites. However... It isn't going too well. All the frames seem to work fine (The alignment is superb), except for the standing. Sonic stands in his falling sprite. I have no idea how to fix this, and I doubt I could even if I thought about it all day.

NOTE: I know there's another topic for this here, but I couldn't find it, even when I checked all four pages. Besides, I'm not sure it got an answer with all the "My car is broken, fix it." going on in there.

Ah, I know the problem. It's XWE. There's a tutorial on how to fix it at the SRB2 Wiki near the bottom of the character making page.

2 things could have gone wrong

1: You've put in the standing sprites where the falling sprites should belong.
2: You didn't make the lowest PLAYa and PLAYb sprites lowercase. In the lower PLAYa and PLAYb sprites, the A and B letters should be lowercase.

Check on the SRB2Wiki for the newest version of XWE. It has an option to turn off auto-capitalization of lumps.

Ahh. I never touched those sprites down below, so I never thought they might be the problem. Thanks, everyone.

Stupid XWE and its habit of renaming things you haven't had a look at yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back