Should I Get A PS2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
Well, now that I've sold the Gamecube, I have $135 in my pocket and a desire to grab another piece of last generation's market. Mainly, the PlayStation 2. There are several games I want to get that only came out on Playstation, but the burning question is this. Is it worth it?

Games Wanted
Dark Cloud <- Tried it before on other peoples' consoles.
Final Fantasy VII-X <- I really need to catch up on the more recent games...
As well as a few others. From here on, I'll just wing it.

Oh, and for all of you who want to say that I shouldn't have sold the Gamecube, I kept all the games and every single one works in my Nintendo Wii.

X is the earliest FF game for PS2.

Anyway, it's 2007. When was the PS2 released, 2001? Sure took you a while to see a game you'd like.

Nah, I just have some excess money kicking around. What good is money if it's just sitting around?

And doesn't the PS2 have backwards compatibility? If so, I'd also like to finally add that old Lego Rock Raiders game from the PS1 library to my collection of games.

BlueZero4 said:
Racers>Raiders.

Get Lego Racers.

Have both versions for PC. I'll pick up the PS version when I'm able to get the PS2, because usually PC games are different in content from console games. Usually.

The PS2 can play Soul Blade(PS1), Soul Calibur 2&3, all major Tekken games, and Star Wars Battle Front II. That's why I bought it. My suggestion? Bbbuuuuuuyyyyyyyy iiiiiiiitttttttttttt......

Ashura The Hedgehog said:
Boinciel said:
Games Wanted
Final Fantasy VII-X <- I really need to catch up on the quote]Thats for PS3. (One of the reasons why I got one)
Actually, no. I think that you mean the games newer than the 10th one. I know that X is for PS2.

Shuffle said:
PS2? Why not go current gen instead of last gen?
As I said, I already have a Wii. Besides, I don't have $600 to spend on an overrated chunk of processors and wires! (PS3)

Boinciel said:
Shuffle said:
PS2? Why not go current gen instead of last gen?
As I said, I already have a Wii. Besides, I don't have $600 to spend on an overrated chunk of processors and wires! (PS3)
The Blu-Ray Player Made it so expensive if the PS3 didn't have Blu-Ray Capabilitys it would be the same prices as the Xbox 360.

At the moment I don't have a DVD player. And it seems there isn't any cheap DVD player lying around. So....I'll buy a PS2, but only for the reason it has DVD playing abilities. Now I'll need a sticker to overwrite the text "playstation 2", and make it "cheap DVD player".

Sorry, but PS2 is cheaper than a DVD player at the moment.

You can get a DVD player for $50 nowadays. That's not an issue.

The PS2, however, is a pretty good purchase nowadays. Tons of great games for it, and backwards compatibility with the PS1 is great, since there are tons of great games for that as well.

Yeah, but there aren't any cheap DVD players close to where I live. You have to be 18 to drive a car, and I'm 17, so I can't go to a far away shop, unless I decide to take the bus.

No, you have to be 16 to get a permit in which you have to take 2 tests. A writing test and a driving test. Once you get your permit, you have to ride with a parent/guardian.

You have to be 18 to get a license and to have no parent/guardian to drive with you.

Actually, no. You have to wait a year until after you get your license OR until you're 18. That could just be in CA, though, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back