• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Walls of the Void (Map Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pokemon Shinx will acompany sonic in most pokemon maps.

Welp, you win. That's my favorite Pokemon bar none ;w;

As for the maps themselves, each one looks really good and definitely fits the game they came from. Really interested on how each map will take game behavior from other games and stick them into SRB2, like the gels and morality cores from Portal and such.

SHINX THOUGH NNFNF

Portal 1/2 : Alright, but I'm guessing your using teleport player as the portals?
Mine Craft : Well, I'll leave it to you to think about.
Pokemon: Shinx is amazing, but I still love Eevee(evolutions) a lot more. Otherwise this is a really awesome choice!
Doctor Who: OH BRILLIANT! I just can't wait till this pack is released!

Just, I'm amazed! As for the Tornado, would there be a part of code, or something, where you can fly the plane with a partner in co-op?

Anyways, This is going to be an amazing mod when it comes out!

The Tornado will not be in this map pack, that is a simple .md2 I once made when bored :P. But there will be a flying vehicle in the game: the X-wing from the star wars franchise.

And I should add this as a side note for the Doctor Who fans, there are 3 prime enemies in this map pack, they are:

Dr.Robotnik/Eggman:
He will be refered to as both in this map pack, namly Robotnik when is being spoken to or about in a serious way, and Eggman in a jokingly/insulting way.

Metal Sonic:
This Metal Sonic is created in the new timeline created after Sonic Generations from Classic Sonic's point of view, and the events of Sonic CD haven't happened in this timeline.

Daleks/TimeLords:
Through the walls of the void, all dimensions, universes, pocket dimensions, pocket universes, etc. come out all at once, Gallifrey (Homeworld of the timelords) falls out of the pocket universe from The Doctor's universe, along with Daleks from the Doctor's original universe. The Daleks and Timelords clash again, creating more chaos in the once empty void.

Of course there are other enemies, but they aren't prime enemies and have little to do with the storyline.

This next thing is a simple edit I did today while bored, and due to its lack of effort and horrid looks, it will not be released, but here is a little edit on the WOV Sonic model to wear the same clothes as sonic from Sonic Jam:

Btw, the WOV model will be updated to look better at some point in this map pack's future.

This next thing is a simple edit I did today while bored, and due to its lack of effort and horrid looks, it will not be released, but here is a little edit on the WOV Sonic model to wear the same clothes as sonic from Sonic Jam:

Btw, the WOV model will be updated to look better at some point in this map pack's future.

I think it looks alright apart from being very low poly. That model looks like a mix between nintendo 64 and dreamcast graphics.

Looks fairly nice. Also can't wait for that WOV model to get updated. But why not use the Sonic Jam model for some Easter Egg or something?

Looks fairly nice. Also can't wait for that WOV model to get updated. But why not use the Sonic Jam model for some Easter Egg or something?

*shurgs* Maybe I will. You see, I am still thinking for a proper ending of this map pack, and one of the possibilities for a good ending is connecting this game to the dreamcast era. So Sonic's storyline will be the normal timeline of Sonic 1, 2, 3, Generations, Robo blast 1, Robo blast 2, Void, Adventure 1, etc. As for Sonic CD,
Sonic CD in this game will not exist. The Doctor will explain why it does not exist, and how the events of modern Sonic Generations had affected Classic Sonic's timeline and created an alternate timeline that was created, and soon put into loop by the first prime timeline (Modern Sonic's timeline).
And if I decide to go with this idea, then the use of the Sonic Jam model would be appropriate due to it being pre adventure, yet still post genesis.

But is it possible that you can make multiple endings, or even archieves, so that people see what the other endings would look like, besides, give it more replayabilty. But that's just my opinnion.

But is it possible that you can make multiple endings, or even archieves, so that people see what the other endings would look like, besides, give it more replayabilty. But that's just my opinnion.

Well, I am working on a side project which is a semi-port of "Shadow The Hedgehog", and I am making different story-lines for that depending on which ending you take, so maybe I can implement that in here. The problem is how to implement it. The parts that lead up to the ending is pretty much straightforward, with not much choice. However, I think I could add a part before the Star Wars maps where the player must make a choice of either deciding to find the Death Egg/Ring Satellite's location by recovering data of a crashed Emperial ship, or go straight to the Veg-o-fortress base and get the location from the main console of the fortress.

EDIT: Oh, and I just began my search for the Sonic Jam/R model. Guess what. Its nowhere. No one, to this very day, is able to crack the file format for Sonic Jam/Sonic R's models. There have been some people who have managed to do some progress, but very little. I was extremely lucky to find this one model in 3dxml file format, which is one of the most unused formats, and here is the picture:

Yes, that is the Sonic R model, but it's feet are rotated around into it's body, and for now there isn't a way I could change this. You see, I cannot find a simple converter that can convert 3dxml format to obj, but when I do, consider this the first port of the Sonic R model to obj.

Last edited:
*Sonic fanfare plays*

I got the model. Not from that rip, but from a hidden gift SEGA gave us a while back. Upon remembering seeing the saturn model in the files of Sonic Adventure, and still having my SADX hacking tools back from 2010 (my god its been 4 years since I last modded SADX...), I was able to extract this here model:

Oh yeah! Now I just need to apply the textures to it, not sure if it will have the proper texture co-ords, but hopefully it will.

EDIT: Oh, and I just began my search for the Sonic Jam/R model. Guess what. Its nowhere. No one, to this very day, is able to crack the file format for Sonic Jam/Sonic R's models.

So it's super hard to get models from 2 super duper old games that are for sega saturn (Sonic R being for PC too) yet it's super easy to get PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP, PS2, Gamecube, Wii and Dreamcast models?

So it's super hard to get models from 2 super duper old games that are for sega saturn (Sonic R being for PC too) yet it's super easy to get PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP, PS2, Gamecube, Wii and Dreamcast models?

There just isn't any interest in it. It's the same reason why Sonic Gens is cracked wide open, and old Sonic Jam/Sonic R don't have ANY hacking tools yet.

There just isn't any interest in it. It's the same reason why Sonic Gens is cracked wide open, and old Sonic Jam/Sonic R don't have ANY hacking tools yet.

Thats actually not quite true. Sonic Jam/Sonic R uses custom made models using a custom model format which is not used anywhere else. Its like someone giving you a fork and telling you to drink a glass of water with it.

Are you planning a demo or a full release? Also please keep up the great work post more updates.

Are you planning a demo or a full release? Also please keep up the great work post more updates.

It will all be released when fully completed. I usually work on it when I am ''in the mood''. I tend to work on my, well, work when I am bored, and feel like doing random stuff. This is a huge example of random stuff.

Also, I have good news, and bad news.

Bad news, the Sonic R/Jam model had some type of texture alignment, but none of the textures that I had used seem to fit the model :\. I had tried the Sonic Adventure textures, the Sonic R textures, the Sonic Adventure unused textures, and none of them fit the model.

Good news, I decided to make my own textures :D

More good news, customability with the Sonic R/Jam model due to me making the textures :D:

URL]

Note: The forgotten SA2 suit is forgotten, and I cannot find the original textures for it. If anyone here has the original textures for the SA2 gold suit, please send it to me :).

Oh wow, I really like how that whole customability stuff is working out. And if no textures fits Sonic R model, it's fine. And hey, besides that, so far it all looks really good. Keep it up.

Oh wow, I really like how that whole customability stuff is working out. And if no textures fits Sonic R model, it's fine. And hey, besides that, so far it all looks really good. Keep it up.

Well, I should have been a tad bit more specific on the textures on the model's textures.

Since there was no textures that fit the model, I made my own using textures from 3 different models; Sonic R character textures (the textures exist, however do not fit the model, as in the texture coordinates were all smuged up), The Walls of The Void model, and Sonic Adventure 2 for customability.

In order from that gif, the clothes that Sonic wears are these:

1.) My own custom Sonic Jam texture -

In the concept art of Sonic Jam, and wallpapers from Sonic Jam, we see Sonic wearing these shoes. Could this have been the outfit they wanted Sonic to wear in Sonic Adventure? Who knows. All I know is, it looks epic in-game.

2.) Sonic R - This part of the texture was a mixture of the Sonic R texture, Sonic Adventure unused texture, and the Walls of the Void texture.

3.) Sonic Adventure - Simply taken the shoe texture and slopped it on

4.) Sonic Adventure 2 - Who doesn't like these shoes?

5.) Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast) Gold suit - When playing in 2player mode of Sonic Adventure 2, the player (if you completed all the character's missions) can choose to wear a different outfit. For Shadow, he wore a Red combat armor, and Sonic wore a Gold armor with a scouter on his ear. I am yet to make the scouter on this version. (Anyone know where the original texture for this outfit is? D; its wipped off the face of the internet, not even the textures resource has it D;).

Try emulating DC version of Sonic Adventure 2 with a downloaded complete save file, use the gold suit and rip the textures using a program like 3D Ripper DX.

Try emulating DC version of Sonic Adventure 2 with a downloaded complete save file, use the gold suit and rip the textures using a program like 3D Ripper DX.

Yep. This method worked. Thanks :). This might also help me with other textures that will be used in the map pack.

Ok, desizeion time. For the transition from act 1 to act 2 of mushroom hill zone, which song is better to be played when chuckles.wad enters; the one from sonic 3 that has 8 repeating beats, or the one from sonic and knuckles (if you don't know which one this is, I will later provide a link)

The Sonic 3 tune would match better, and it would be more nostalgic. Remember that you are remaking Mushroom Hill zone. Also it's soooo catchy :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back