PC Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cat

My fathers computer when he turns it on will not go on. Is his pc dieing? Does this mean since my router is from my father's pc I can not use the internet?

Well, all I really know is his computer is the host and sends me the signal. It is a wireless router.

There's a button on the back near the power cable usually, make sure it's on 1 not 0.

My pc has shorted out or something weird like that before where it won't turn on by the power button. I fix this by turning the switch Cue mentioned on and off.

Well my father's pc now turns on, but it will shut down at the most random times. Whenever he tries a virus scan he gets shut down, like someone is hacking him.

Safe mode is to when, windows won't boot up normally and you have to go into safe mode in order to somehow fix it. Its also used to get rid of viruses if windows won't boot up.

Safe mode is to when, windows won't boot up normally and you have to go into safe mode in order to somehow fix it. Its also used to get rid of viruses if windows won't boot up.
To activate it, press F8 twice when you start your computer or hold it. If your mouse or your key board doesn't work, make sure that you have PS/2 connector to both mouse and keyboard. It looks like this: http://www.york.ac.uk/admin/sro/Photos/PS2connection2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back