Program for shortening MP3 files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
I got some songs off of brawlcustommusic.com, and they all repeat the song so many times, it gets annoying. Also, I'm trying to make an RPG game using songs from brawlcustommusic, but they fade at the end. So I'm trying to find a program to shorten the songs to their actual length. Can anybody help?

Last edited:
Okay, I've got Audactiy, but I'm completely in the dark as to how I shorten an MP3 song. How do I do it?

Open it up, select the part you want to delete, and press delete. Come one, couldn't you have figured that out yourself?

Heh, I figured it out before you guys posted. Sorry. And Morph, I can just save them as WAVs.

Because it's nice to have lossless originals? It's like continuously saving to JPG. Every time you do it, the quality degrades.

It probably would have been better if he started out with a lossless original.

Yeah, it really makes no difference at all if he's shortening an mp3 and then saving a WAV.

It's like continuously saving to JPG. Every time you do it, the quality degrades.
I HATE JPEGs. They have to be the WORST image format in existence.

And like Bigboi, I use Audacity for everything that has to do with audio. (Besides playing the files cuz it's too much work to import them then play them.)

JPEG is great for its original purpose. It's great for photographs. If you're saving images that contain sharp lines and text with JPEG, you're doing it wrong.

Because it's nice to have lossless originals? It's like continuously saving to JPG. Every time you do it, the quality degrades.

It probably would have been better if he started out with a lossless original.

Save it in FLAC for that purpose. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back