Resource icon
kart0008.png
Originally hailing from some Japanese horror game, but more well known for its appearance in the Super Mario World ROM hack named "Mario's Mystery Meat", here comes Smile Ghost!

- Features or whatever:
  • Sprites I made myself.
  • No kart. When you're a Smile Ghost, you don't need a kart.
  • Voice is Marx and Marx Soul from Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra.

- The Technical Things:
  • Preferred color is Olive.
  • Smile Ghost's stats are 9, 2. This means they're a fast, light character. Not too light, though.

This is my first character, so enjoy.
kart0010.png

Sprite edit: Whoops, forgot the signpost sprite. Added signpost sprite.
Sound edit: Added Gloat sound. Didn't know it was required, so here it is.

V1: Released.
V1.5: Animation has been added!
V2: More sounds added!
V2b: Fixed a bug where Smile Ghost would share sounds and icons with Gamer (not approved, but will appear in a character pack I might make if I learn how to make one)

- Maybe decrease their weight a bit?
- Improve the sprites. And by that, I mean add shading.

Attachments

• KC_SmileGhostV2b.rar
    234.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I wouldn't usually let in a character with such... few frames of animation, but I suppose I can let it in since the source material is kind of like that. However, I would prefer if the smile ghost at least tilted a bit more when drifting, or had some form of damage frames, even if its just it spinning clockwise or something.

I do plan on giving Smile Ghost some actual animation, but with school and all that, I don't have the time yet. And no, that's not an excuse to be lazy and not give Smile Ghost animations. I'll get to it when I have time.

Smile Ghost has been updated to Version 2b, so redownload them and replace any previous versions with the current version.

List of changes:
- Fixed a bug where Smile Ghost would share sounds and icons with Gamer (still pending approval.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back