SonicX8000's Huds & Fonts

[Open Assets] SonicX8000's Huds & Fonts Update 14

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
"SonicX8000's Huds & Fonts" is a pack of files that changes the hud style, the font style or the console style. Such styles you may find here are kept close to the vanilla style or it may be a different style entirely.

Due to the many files, I decided to put them in zip folders just so it's easier to keep them tidy. What's inside these Zip Folders are listed below.

NOTICE
Please note that it's best not to load the 'Font Styles', 'Hud Styles' or 'Console Styles' together as it'll cancel out whichever was loaded last. For example... loading SRB2FontS1 while SRB2FontShadows is added will overwrite the Level Font from SRB2FontShadows. Same thing with SRB2ShinyHud & SRB2ShinyHudNoItalic with it overwriting the Hud as well as SRB2ConsoleShadows & SRB2ShinyConsole overwriting the Console Font.

If you load, say SRB2ShinyHud, SRB2ShinyFont and SRB2ShinyConsole together... everything will work correctly as you'll get the replaces for the Hud, the Font and the Console Font.

Now then... a description of what each zip folder contains as well as what each addon is about.

=====

***[Hud Section]***
Zip: "SonicX8000-Hud_002"
Files: 3

-SRB2ShinyHud-
This file changes most of the HUD elements to give it a bit of a shine to them. It also changes some of the characters slightly while still keeping it close to the default style. It also slightly changes some of the NiGHTs Hud Elements

-SRB2ShinyHudNoItalic-
Pretty much the same as 'SRB2 Shiny Hud' but the Hud elements are... well... non-Italic, much like Sonic 1 / CD Hud style. It also slightly changes some of the NiGHTs Hud Elements

-SRB2ShinySmallHud- *NEW*
A shiny small hud, also known as 'console hud' if you wish to call it that. It also slightly changes some of the NiGHTs Hud Elements

-

***[Font Section]***
Zip: "SonicX8000-Font_002"
Files: 6

-SRB2FontShadows-
This file changes the Level Font, giving it a shadowy backdrop & a lighter shade. Also includes Titlecard & GAME/TIME OVER changes.

-SRB2FontS1-
This file changes the Level Font to be like the font from Sonic 1 in a way. Also includes Titlecard & GAME/TIME OVER changes.

-SRB2FontS3K-
This file changes the Level Font to be like the font from Sonic 3 & Knuckles in a way. Also includes Titlecard & GAME/TIME OVER changes.

-SRB2ShinyFont-
This file is like FontShadows only the font has been given a polish, making it shiny. Also includes Titlecard & GAME/TIME OVER changes.

-SRB2ShinyFontS1-
This file is like FontS1 only the font has been given a polish, making it shiny. Also includes Titlecard & GAME/TIME OVER changes.

-SRB2ShinyFontS3K-
This file is like FontS3K only the font has been given a polish, making it shiny. Also includes Titlecard & GAME/TIME OVER changes.

-

***[Console Section]***
Zip: "SonicX8000-Console_002"
Files: 2

-SRB2ConsoleShadows-
This file changes the Console Font, giving it a shadowy backdrop with some slight character changes. Also changes the Headers as well as a slight change to the Addon Icons.

-SRB2ShinyConsole-
A shiny version of the Console Shadows. Also changes the Headers as well as a slight change to the Addon Icons.

=====

I should mention that these files can be used without the game being marked as modified, so you're able to unlock stuff during Single-Player as well as join servers.

If any issues should occur with these addons, please let me know.

Change Log
(Update 1)
New font style: "SRB2FontS1"

It's suppose to be based off of Sonic 1's Font in a way.

====================

(Update 2)
---SRB2FontS1---
v1.1

Number Font has been updated to better suit it's font style.

====================

(Update 3)
New font style: "SRB2ShinyFont"
A shiny version of the Font from SRB2FontShadows.

====================

(Update 4)
***Introducing the Console Style Section***

These addons will contain graphics for the console font. Due to this section... the console graphics have been removed from the font addons. Current styles are...

SRB2 Console Shadows
SRB2 Shiny Console

*Styles*
New font style: "SRB2ShinyFontS1"
A shiny version of the Font from SRB2FontS1.

*Patch Notes*
---SRB2FontShadows---
v1.1
Adjusted the palette for the font graphics so it can change color.
Removed the Console Graphics, as they are it's own addon now.

---SRB2FontS1---
v1.2
Adjusted the palette for the graphics so it can change color.
Adjusted the 'C' & 'G' graphics, both uppercase & lowercase.

---SRB2ShinyFont---
v1.1
Altered the shine on the Act Number graphics slightly.

*Misc*
Changed the Screenshots due to the above changes.

====================

(Update 5)
Rolling out another font style. This one was kinda tricky to work with due to the way I wanted to offset the font so there may be some clipping depending on where it displays.

*Styles*
New font style: "SRB2FontS3K"
This font style is supposed to be based off Sonic 3 & Knuckles font, in a way.

====================

(Update 6)

With the release of 2.2.9, more colormap shades were added. This means that the shiny fonts had to go through a overhaul on the shading so that they can change colors correctly. There's also some hud elements that became whitelisted meaning that they no longer mark the game as modified.

***Styles***
New font style: "SRB2ShinyFontS3K"
A shiny version of the Font from SRB2FontS3K.

==========

***Patch Notes***
(Huds)
---SRB2ShinyHud---
v2.0
The names such as Rings are now more towards a gold shine instead of a yellow shine.
Adjusted the shading for the numbers so they stand out a bit more.
Rings & Time now flashes to nothing instead of red, like in Sonic 3.

---SRB2ShinyHudNoItalic---
v2.0
The names such as Rings are now more towards a gold shine instead of a yellow shine.
Adjusted the shading for the numbers so they stand out a bit more.
Rings & Time now flashes to nothing instead of red, like in Sonic 3.

(Fonts)
---SRB2ShinyFont---
v2.0
Complete overhaul on the shading due to more colormaps being available so they can change into the different colors correctly.

---SRB2ShinyFontS1---
v2.0
Complete overhaul on the shading due to more colormaps being available so they can change into the different colors correctly.

---SRB2ShinyFontS3K---
v2.0
Slight change to the dimensions for the Uppercase X & Lowercase x.

---SRB2FontS3K---
v1.1
Slight change to the dimensions for the Uppercase X & Lowercase x.

(Console)
---SRB2ShinyConsole---
v2.0
Overhauled the shading due to more colormap shades being available, also made them more shiny.
Changed the "X" for the Lives Counter.
A very slight change to the "9" graphic for the tiny font.

---SRB2ConsoleShadows---
v1.1
Changed the "X" for the Lives Counter.
A very slight change to the "9" graphic for the tiny font.

==========

*Misc*
Due to the above changes, the Screenshots were updated.

Submitted the files so that they can actually be downloaded from the download button.

For those wondering why "SRB2ShinyFontS3K" is being labeled as v2.0 instead of v1.0, this is because I was working on this font style back then but stopped since the colormaps were going to have more shades so I figure I do a overhaul on the shading for the fonts and release that instead.

==========

(Update 7)
Long overdue for this update due to some setbacks... such as my NVMe Drive failing on me which wiped the WIP addons but thankfully I had the graphics stored on a different storage drive so not much was lost. Now the rundown...

***Styles***
New hud style: "SRB2ShinySmallHud"
A shiny small hud, also known as 'console hud' if you wish to call it that.

==========

***Patch Notes***
(Huds)
---ShinyHud | ShinyHudNoItalic---
v3.0
Some NiGHTs graphics have been tweaked and have been given a shadow.

-

(Fonts)
---ShinyFont | ShinyFontS1 | ShinyFontS3K---
v3.0
Redid the shading for the fonts, thus they are shinier than before.
Titlecard graphics have been changed to be inline with the shiny style as well as changing color related to the skincolor being used.
Changed the GAME/TIME OVER graphics as well as Continue numbers.

---FontShadows | FontS1 | FontS3K---
v2.0
Redid the shading for the font and maybe fixed an issue where 'Yellow' & 'Peridot' colormaps would be the same color if the font changed color.
Titlecard graphics have been changed to be inline with the vanila style as well as changing color related to the skincolor being used.
Changed the GAME/TIME OVER graphics as well as Continue numbers.

-

(Console)
---ShinyConsole---
v3.0
Redid the shading for the font, thus they are shinier than before.
Changed Header graphics.
Addon icons now have a shadow under them as well a change to the checkmark icon.
Save Select icons have been changed.

---ConsoleShadows---
v2.0
Redid the shading for the font? Might be the same as before... I don't remember but any oddities with it should be fixed?
Changed Header graphics.
Addon icons now have a shadow under them as well a change to the checkmark icon.
Save Select icons have been changed.

=====

*Misc*
Updated screenshots to reflect the changes.

==========

These files should still be usable without marking the game as modified. As usual, report any issues such as the shadows not being right, or if I missed a pixel somewhere, or if one of addons marks the game as modified, etc.

Attachments

• ShinyFontS1_001.png
    ShinyFontS1_001.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 638
  • ShinyFontS1_002.png
    ShinyFontS1_002.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 441
  • ShinyFont_001.png
    ShinyFont_001.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 431
  • ShinyFont_002.png
    ShinyFont_002.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 418
  • ShinyFontS3K_001.png
    ShinyFontS3K_001.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 418
  • ShinyFontS3K_002.png
    ShinyFontS3K_002.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 404
  • NonShinyFontS1_001.png
    NonShinyFontS1_001.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 370
  • NonShinyFont_001.png
    NonShinyFont_001.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 389
  • NonShinyFontS3K_001.png
    NonShinyFontS3K_001.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 410
  • ShinyConsole_001.png
    ShinyConsole_001.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
Simple and clean! Very nicely done! Always a pleasure to see graphics from you!

Welcome to Releases!

When I plugged this in and ran the game, I realised that this is how I always thought it looked. It simply never occurred to me that it didn't. Looks great.

An update.

Added in a font style *SRB2 Font S1* that's based off of Sonic 1's Font. You can view this font in the screenshots & is usable in single-player as well as joining servers.

Last edited:
Posting a small update for 'SRB2FontS1'. Current file version is now v1.1.

The old number font has been updated to better fit in with the current font style that I was aiming for. Here's a preview of what it looks like compared to the old version.
SRB2FontS1oldnumvsnewnum.PNG

Top is old font in v1.0. | Bottom is new font in v1.1.

Last edited:
Looks great!! The shadows on the main fonts are a small but oh-so welcome change, and I like that Sonic 1 HUD! It really hits my nostalgia, and those new numbers also fit much better.

An update.

Added a Font Style *SRB2 Shiny Font*. It's a shiny version of the Font Shadows file. I would've made the Console Font shiny as well but only two bits of the palette changes color so if I added in any more shades to the console font, some parts of it will not change their color.

Here's a small preview of what Shiny Font looks like.
ShinyLevelFontExample1.png

-----

Changed the thread title as this isn't really a Shiny Hud & Font Shadows anymore due to other styles being added.

Last edited:
Another update already? Well... yes, because apparently the Level Font changes colors and with the current colors being used for the graphics... it prevents them from changing color. On a side note... it was do-able to make the console font shiny.

***Introducing the Console Style Section***
These addons will contain graphics for the console font. Due to this section... the console graphics have been removed from the font addons. Current styles are...

SRB2 Console Shadows
SRB2 Shiny Console

Here's an example of what Shiny Console looks like... with almost all console colors.
consoletestcolors.PNG
*Styles*
New font style: "SRB2ShinyFontS1"
A shiny version of the Font from SRB2FontS1.

*Patch Notes*
---SRB2FontShadows---
v1.1
Adjusted the palette for the font graphics so it can change color.

---SRB2FontS1---
v1.2
Adjusted the palette for the graphics so it can change color.
Adjusted the 'C' & 'G' graphics, both uppercase & lowercase.

---SRB2ShinyFont---
v1.1
Altered the shine on the Act Number graphics slightly.

*Misc*
Changed the Screenshots due to the above changes.

-

Now there is a chance I might've overlooked something. If you find anything that looks off, please let me know.

I should also mention that due to the way I have ShinyFont & ShinyFontS1 shaded... the color changing will look off. Unless there were more than 3 bits of the palette that allows color changing... this kinda can't be fixed unless I use less shades for their graphics.

Last edited:
These look amazing! They all have a well-deserved polish now! They also make my previous attempts look like trash. Another mod to add to the list of mods that really need to be in 2.3.

Last edited:
Rolling out another font style, this time it's based off of Sonic 3 & Knuckles font as well as giving it a go with the act numbers being Sonic 3 & Knuckles style.

There is a chance that some clipping will occur with this font, due to the offsets. I tried to resize it to the best I could so the uppercase font might be a bit crunched.

Here's a preview of what the font looks like.
fonts3kpreview.png

Last edited:
SonicX8000 updated SonicX8000's Huds & Fonts with a new update entry:

The 2.2.9+ Update

Hopefully I did this correctly... maybe? I see the download button.

(Update 6)
With the release of 2.2.9, more colormap shades were added. This means that the shiny fonts had to go through a overhaul on the shading so that they can change colors correctly. There's also some hud elements that became whitelisted meaning that they no longer mark the game as modified.

***Styles***
New font style: "SRB2ShinyFontS3K"
A shiny version of the Font from SRB2FontS3K.

==========

***Patch Notes***...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The Polished Update.

(Update 7)
Long overdue for this update due to some setbacks... such as my NVMe Drive failing on me which wiped the WIP addons but thankfully I had the graphics stored on a different storage drive so not much was lost. Now the rundown...

***Styles***
New hud style: "SRB2ShinySmallHud"
A shiny small hud, also known as 'console hud' if you wish to call it that.

==========

***Patch Notes***
(Huds)
v3.0
Some NiGHTs graphics have been tweaked and have been...

Update 8: Character Font update & Adding some missing graphics.

(Update 8)
A bit of a patch update for the hud addons, however there's an decent update for the console font addons. The rundown...

==========

***Patch Notes***
(Huds)
Zip: "SonicX8000-Hud_003"
v3.1
Changed the RACE graphics. These will also match the hud style, I think.

---ShinySmallHud---
v1.1
Changed the RACE graphics. This will also match the hud style, I think.

-

(Console)
Zip: "SonicX8000-Console_003"
---ShinyConsole---
v3.1
The Character Font has...

Update 8 - HOTFIX

(Update 8 - HOTFIX)
Apologizes for the sudden update but I noticed a slight mistake with the "3" & "GO" RACE graphics for the "SRB2ShinyHud" & "SRB2ShinyHudNoItalic" addons.

==========

***Patch Notes***
(Huds)
Zip: "SonicX8000-Hud_003a"
v3.2
Fixed the shine on the 3 & GO RACE Graphics.

=====

Also forgot to mention in the previous update that the RESULT Header was changed in the console styles.

Another Update 8 patch.

(Update 8 Patch, again.)
While messing around with a potential level font from the GAME/TIME OVER graphics. I noticed a slight error with the V for the OVER graphic. So... here's another small update.

==========

***Patch Notes***
(Fonts)
Zip: "SonicX8000-Font_002a"
---SRB2ShinyFont | SRB2ShinyFontS1 | SRB2ShinyFontS3K---
v3.1
Fixed the V for the SLIDOVER graphic.

---SRB2FontShadows | SRB2FontS1 | SRB2FontS3K---
v2.1
Fixed the V for the SLIDOVER graphic.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back