Error when trying to talk on SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

StellarStardust

I am the perfect and elegant maid~
So, I was on a friend's server and I tried to talk to him after I couldn't change skin for some reason. But this error came up whenever I press enter after typing my messages:

hsxreyY.png

This error never came up in 2.1.14. Is there something wrong or did I break the game somehow?

That error means the buffer for netplay packets was filled up before it could be sent out to the server. The game has a fixed-size buffer for net commands, and packets go in to (ideally) be sent out and cleared each frame. If the buffer is getting full, it can mean one of two things:

• You're absolutely flooding the game with packets, such as by sending a ton of say or skin commands during a lag spike.
  • For whatever reason, the game isn't sending out packets at the end of a frame like it should. This could be internet problems, or it could be a game issue.
Try running SRB2 with the "-debugfile debug.txt" command line parameter, and if you can reproduce this issue, post the contents of debug.txt. I'm not sure how much useful information that can give, but it might be helpful for either debugging your situation or fixing a problem in the game, depending on what's causing it.

Last edited:
Well, this is odd...

The issue seemed to have happened this once, I guess I was flooding the game then.

Thanks, Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back