Icezer

Local Ice Cube Frien. Robotic Hedgehog Enthusiast.
mb art.png

Hey there everyone!

Let's get right to the point.

Abilities:

Super Dash Mode
Alt Sonic has Dash Mode, minus the badnik busting, but this is where Super Dash Mode comes in. This is represented by a sound cue, colorization, afterimages, sparkles in the color of the player, and a unique running animation. If the player builds enough speed within Dash Mode, they will enter a state where they are not only at peak speed, but can also destroy badniks/monitors and can't be harmed.

Atom Dash
Instead of a regular thok, Alt Sonic has the Atom Dash. The Atom Dash is basically a chargeable thok with special properties. Upon pressing and holding a double jump, the player will be suspended in the air, and will enter Atom Charge. Atom Charge has 3 levels, along with an overcharge. Each level is represented by a paraloop surrounding the player, along with a sound cue. With each level, the paraloops increase in number. You can either tap the button for a weaker dash, or hold it for a stronger one. This also changes with Dash Mode, gaining an instant level 1 charge and higher power. If held for too long however, you'll overcharge it and fall helplessly.

Spindrift
Replacing the Spindash there is the Spindrift, a Spindash that can be initiated anywhere on the ground. This is mainly useful for preserving Dash Mode and making sharp turns.

Miscellaneous changes
- If the player presses spin while in the spring state, they will enter jump state.
- Super Sonic has all upsides of Dash Mode/Super Dash Mode and more, breaking spikes upon contact as well as having the strongest possible Atom Dash. There is a tradeoff of having no Dash Mode, however.
- Alt Sonic comes with his own color of AltBlue. He also has a custom Super Color.
- Hyper form, which can be activated by pressing custom 3 with 100+ rings as Super Sonic.
- The 'legacymode' command, which will give Alt Sonic a Homing Attack instead of his Atom Dash.
- Some easter eggs.

I've legit been working on this for basically a year now, and I can say it's finally the best it can be.

Now with everything out of the way, Enjoy.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20040.jpg
    srb20040.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 7,298
  • srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 5,576
  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 5,112
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 3,979
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 4,418
  • srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 2,934
  • CL_AltSonic-v8.2.pk3
    4 MB · Views: 5,122
Last edited:
Seems fun! I like how sonic's base movement speed is higher then the rest of the cast, that always bugs me how in the classic games everyone shares sonic's speed.

It's kinda annoying just going full speed after .5 seconds of holding the up button. He's a bit harder to control now that his acceleration is so fast. I mean sometimes I want to just move a little bit you know? You could just change his max speed, instead of having him accelerate so quickly if you want him to be faster. It's *extremely* odd and noticeable. Which is kind of disappointing because I like the idea of Sonic with boost mode, as it rewards you for keeping your speed up... i don't think he should be invincible during it, as it makes keeping boost mode much easier than it should be, but i digress. You can't use the Super Peelout to initiate dash mode, which is completely fair as that's an ENTIRELY different addon, and that'd probably be hard to get to work. This also probably makes getting some time emblems easier, so that's a plus. This is completely unnecessary but if you want you can keep sonic breaking the ice walls in boost mode.
Again, just nitpicking. Great mod otherwise.

I forgot to post about it for v1.1, but I have updated AltSonic! I have adjusted his run speed after 1.1 to be slightly less, and gave him a new ability (along with overhauling his boost mode.) As always, Have fun!

some issues

There are Some Issues For Me With The Dash Mode. For Some Reason, It Doesn't Make You Invincible At Top Speeds Anymore. I Hope You Fix That Little Bug, Have A Nice Day!

There are Some Issues For Me With The Dash Mode. For Some Reason, It Doesn't Make You Invincible At Top Speeds Anymore. I Hope You Fix That Little Bug, Have A Nice Day!
That's not a bug, it's a feature; You can now only gain invincibility while using the Super Dash with Custom 1. Thank you for your concern, though!

Hey there, everyone! I just fixed AltSonic for 2.2.1, and now the Super Dash breaks spikes while regular Dash Mode does not (In other words, I've made another balance change.) I hope you guys enjoy!

Version 1.4 has been released! This marks a major overhaul of this mod and I recommend reading the new main post for details!

Download is temporarily pulled for badly needed tweaks and nerfs.

The 1.4 rework is live. Spindash was HEAVILY nerfed, Super Dash was reworked, and the peelout was scrapped.

EDIT: Fixed FPS crippling coding bugs.

EDIT 2: Fixed A coding error and SOC issues.

EDIT 3: Fixed a spindash bug.

Last edited:
1.4 was FINALLY fixed. If anyone grabbed 1.4 already, get it again since the spindash bug I thought I fixed is actually fixed now.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

1.5 released. The adventure style spindash is now fully implemented.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Fixed a bug where springs didn't function when rolling into them.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back