Mystic Realm 4.4 Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Here it is, Mystic Realm 4.4. Sorta. Essentially, it's another open beta. Hopefully this thing won't have stupid errors slip through this time. Help me find errors so I can fix them.

Download Link:

http://mystic.sepwich.com/scr_mysticrealm44.zip - Beta revision 6
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/Srb2win.zip - If you downloaded your copy of 1.09.4 before August 22nd, extract this ZIP, overwriting your current EXE. If you downloaded it after August 22nd, you're already patched and good to go.

Known issues:

- 75 emblem reward is not complete yet, but at least is now working. Give it a shot, I need testing.
- Vulcan Forge's moving lava is quirky. (Probably not fixing)

I see some nasty HOM in Aerial Garden, aswell.

Nitric Citadel does NOT have REDWALL, as I can see from. *Tests again*

EDIT: Nitric Citadel does NOT have REDWALL.

Luckily for me, I use Anti-Aliasing when playing SRB2, which changes the way OpenGL draws on the screen, so instead of getting HOM effects, I just get a black backdrop.

At least in .3 (I meant to say this earlier...) Nitric Citadel's chemical didn't animate. At all. Don't know if it's fixed here. (Hey, I can only do so much in sneak-on moments. =P)

OMG... the mystic realm eggman boss was awsome... if it were more over powered and you wern't supersonic, It'd be more fun :P

...sence when can you add multiple eggman enemy files?

Yes! mystic realm 4.4 is out. I'm downloading it now and I can't wait to play it! :)

and 75 emblems? Bloomin heck :o

I have to Say that Mystic Realm zone's Boss is amazing how did you make all of those attacks? they were stunning. The levels even better and longer then the previous one

HYPERKNUX said:
I have to Say that Mystic Realm zone's Boss is amazing how did you make all of those attacks? they were stunning. The levels even better and longer then the previous one

Check the WAD's MAINCFG. It will tell you.

EDIT:

MRZ is better and longer. I actually couldn't get through it.

I had NO HOM at all when I MAPped to PAZ3, but no Eggman, either.

EDIT2:

I died before I got to the boss in MRZ.

Hyper, this release is meant for bug testing, not just for you to play. it's not a new version release; just an open beta, meaning that it's only there for tests.

As I said on IRC, Mystic Eggman's crystally thingies keep shooting at you after you kill him. Which coupled with how modifying the game makes killing him do nothing, is a tad annoying.

The following is a list of faults in this release that Mystic has noted but not added to his original post:

- In Midnight Freeze 3, there is a nasty flat bug visible while playing in OpenGL.
- Verdant Forest 2 and Flame Rift 2 have some small pillars within lakes which don't possess sector borders on the inside.
- Flame Rift does not have a pre-cutscene in the Archives.
- In Flame Rift 3, archive version, the music playing is Red Volcano 1. Additionally, the boss is half swimming in lava.
- In Aerial Garden 1, archive version, there is a THZ fan that doesn't rise you too much due to its angle.
- In Aerial Garden 2, archive version, there is a rather nasty redwall which can be spotted in the central room while playing in OpenGL.
- In Aerial Garden 3, 2004 archive version, the music slot is incorrectly set to 33, which would be the old Aerial Garden music slot.

Neo Chaotikal said:
The following is a list of faults in this release that Mystic has noted but not added to his original post:

- In Midnight Freeze 3, there is a nasty flat bug visible while playing in OpenGL.
- Verdant Forest 2 and Flame Rift 2 have some small pillars within lakes which don't possess sector borders on the inside.
- Flame Rift does not have a pre-cutscene in the Archives.
- In Flame Rift 3, archive version, the music playing is Red Volcano 1. Additionally, the boss is half swimming in lava.
- In Aerial Garden 1, archive version, there is a THZ fan that doesn't rise you too much due to its angle.
- In Aerial Garden 2, archive version, there is a rather nasty redwall which can be spotted in the central room while playing in OpenGL.
- In Aerial Garden 3, 2004 archive version, the music slot is incorrectly set to 33, which would be the old Aerial Garden music slot.

The Flame rift Boss' music is normal when I tested it but sometimes look's he's swimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back