This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Twins'R'Okay

Mid-tier Pixel Artist
NOTICE ABOUT REUSABLE CONTENT:
You may reuse textures, sprites, and SOC for your own projects so long as credit is given.
However, you may NOT reuse or repackage maps in any way, shape, or form; Don't disrespect my work like this :^(.

So I submitted this map to OLDC not too long ago, and, hey, people liked it, so why not make an Enhanced Edition! ;V

This edition of Aqua Paradise features

Visual Enhancements!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Tweaks to Level Design in response to feedback received from the OLDC! (not pictured, you'll just have to play it for yourself :>)
attachment.php

A brand new Knuckles path!
attachment.php

A totally unoriginal miniboss you've seen hundreds of times now!
attachment.php
attachment.php

And more.... Goddammit MB, stop splitting my spoiler tags in two :^(
v1:
+ New Knuckles/Tails path!
+ Slight visual upgrade.
+ A miniboss has been added in the arena
* The Amy/Metal Sonic path is now closed on both ends
* A GBJ within a small pond has been fixed, with compensation for those that fell in there :pensive:
* The 2nd checkpoint has been moved further to avoid confusion
* The 3rd checkpoint has also been moved further to prevent a GBJ
* A bruh moment near the beginning of the stage has been fixed
* The 3rd emblems' hint has been rewritten to be less cryptic
* Likewise, the 2nd emblem is now a bit easier to find, with the hint being rewritten to reflect as such.
- There are a bit less rings/water & elemental shields now
- Rings without a float flag has been deleted :^)

v1.1
- Removed MORE rings
* Reshuffled enemy placement a bit
* Some weird textures have been fixed
* The 2nd and 3rd emblem is easier to find
* Re-added the 5th emblem
* The boss arena has been slightly reworked
* You can no longer cheese the boss with tails or knuckles
* Amy is now unlockable from the start

v1.2
* Fixed bruh moment

Features a version with and without GameData.
The GameData version allows you to collect the stage's 5 emblems!

The non-GameData version can be used with other maps. It can even replace the OLDC version if the OLDC version is loaded first! (provided they don't share the same MapThingIDs as this one @_@(1055-1060))

Attachments

• srb20218.png
    srb20218.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 7,607
  • srb20220.png
    srb20220.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 7,418
  • srb20172.gif
    srb20172.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 464
  • srb20173.gif
    srb20173.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 366
  • srb20174.gif
    srb20174.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 546
  • srb20175.gif
    srb20175.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 383
  • srb20177.gif
    srb20177.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 402
  • S_AquaParadise1-v1.2.pk3
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,301
  • S_AquaParadise1_NoGamedataEdition-v1.2.pk3
    2.2 MB · Views: 624
Last edited:
That new Knuckles path is pretty good, I enjoyed playing this in the OLDC (even if I didn't get around to voting, oops) so it's nice to see it get some further improvements too.

Okay, let's get started!

I started the game and... uh... where is Amy?

attachment.php

This is actually a strange error. You used not only "Clear All, but also other "Clears ". I fixed this myself by setting Unlockable = 23 (because in the original game Amy is just under 23 unlockable).
UPD: in fact I don't quite understand why this problem occurs. At my level, amy costs like 3 unlock and everything is normal

attachment.php

attachment.php

After the release of 2.2.7, the game performance has improved. Now I can play normally!
I have already played this level in OLDС as Fang. Let's play the Knuckles!

What the--. okay, this is strange...
attachment.php

I think it's illegal to do this.
attachment.php

I think these platforms are moving too fast.
attachment.php

Oh my God! How many rings are there?
attachment.php

128 rings in one place? It's too much!
attachment.php

Tails... well, yes... Tails can't quite get through here.
attachment.php

You can see the texture of the water on the floor. You can fix this by assigning the same texture as the floor. Or just let the water go even lower. Perhaps this is what you intended?
attachment.php

In the spoiler, I want to talk about the emblems. If you haven't finished a level or are looking for emblems, don't read this!

Okay, I've completed the level a few times. And I could only find 2 emblems. But the other 2 are hidden very well. So good that I couldn't even guess where they were. In order to access them, you need to break the block. But how do I know which block needs to be broken? He does NOT stand out in ANY way.

attachment.php

Also, I could not find the fifth emblem. I went into the ZB and foun ... that it simply does not exist. There are only 4 emblems on your level.

attachment.php

Okay. Boss arena. well, it's your choice to choose this boss, but it can be bypassed illegally. And complete the level
attachment.php

attachment.php

Why should I show it? You can specify NextLevel = 1100 so that after passing the level, the main menu appears immediately
attachment.php

I also found several errors.

This error was still in OLDC. I remember her well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

There is no texture and OH NO I FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh? These are control sectors! Hello! I did not expect to see you at the level.
attachment.php

In fact, I found more errors, but the limit of attached images is 20

Okay, now let me tell you in general. I liked this level. He is good. I liked the water area, as well as the fact that for research - the player is rewarded. There are many secret shields and extra lives on the level.
A good and balanced number of enemies at the level.
I didn't like the number of rings. Too many of them. There are places where there are several boxes with rings. Even 5 pieces! I'm not talking about the entire level. At some points, the normal number of rings.
I would like to insert here the moments that I liked, but. no. limit of 20 images.

There are a lot of mistakes at this level, but it doesn't stop him from giving 7 out of 10. Nice work! I would like to see more works from you.

Attachments

• srb20175.gif
    srb20175.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,197
  • Скриншот 08-10-2020 190043.png
    Скриншот 08-10-2020 190043.png
    2 KB · Views: 4,809
  • Скриншот 08-10-2020 190324.png
    Скриншот 08-10-2020 190324.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 4,797
  • srb20118.jpg
    srb20118.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 4,759
  • srb20186.gif
    srb20186.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 4,898
  • srb20168.gif
    srb20168.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 5,049
  • srb20115.jpg
    srb20115.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 4,743
  • Скриншот 08-10-2020 185331.jpg
    Скриншот 08-10-2020 185331.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 4,698
  • srb20170.gif
    srb20170.gif
    696.6 KB · Views: 4,499
  • srb20174.gif
    srb20174.gif
    774.6 KB · Views: 4,677
  • srb20185.gif
    srb20185.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,361
  • Скриншот 08-10-2020 185233.png
    Скриншот 08-10-2020 185233.png
    12 KB · Views: 4,010
  • srb20172.gif
    srb20172.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 4,809
  • srb20183.gif
    srb20183.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,487
  • srb20116.jpg
    srb20116.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 4,421
  • srb20169.gif
    srb20169.gif
    732.9 KB · Views: 4,092
  • srb20173.gif
    srb20173.gif
    1 MB · Views: 4,360
  • srb20180.gif
    srb20180.gif
    948.9 KB · Views: 4,115
  • srb20123.jpg
    srb20123.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4,170
Last edited:
Damn son, that's a lot of issues.

A lot I've missed too. Good catches!

What the--. okay, this is strange...
Yeah, I don't know what's causing that. It's definitely strange @_@

This is actually a strange error. You used not only "Clear All, but also other "Clears ". I fixed this myself by setting Unlockable = 23 (because in the original game Amy is just under 23 unlockable).
Last I tried using Clear All, it wasn't really working as I could still select stages from the main campaign along with their emblems, It's probably an issue on my end but idunno....

In fact, I found more errors, but the limit of attached images is 20
When you have the chance, please DM me every issue on here or in Discord (Twins'R'Okay#5238).

Regardless, thanks for the input, I have quite a bit of work ahead of me @_@

I've got a few key criticisms here.
1. Too many rings
There are WAAAAAY too many rings everywhere. It doesn't make much sense from a game design standpoint, and it personally looks very unprofessional. I wince imagining what would happen if a player had the emeralds here.
2. Way too open
Something plagueing practically all levels designed by beginners. Most apparent in that "outdoor" area near the beginning; the player has way too much space. Even thokspamming as sonic, I still felt bored. How would, say, an Amy player experience this part? Oh, and it also makes the Banpyuras a non-issue.
3. Lack of enemies
There's barely any badniks to speak of here, and the plaforming usually isn't challenging enough on its own to justify their nonexistence.

The size issue is not because he's a beginner mapper. No, it's a bit more unique than that.
You'll recognize it clearly once I point it out, but he's very much not new to mapping.

...All of his previous levels were for Kart, lol.

U P D A T E

U P D A T E

full changelog in post~

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

there was a bruh moment

i fixed it

please redownload if you can :^(

Love love love the look of this stage, so much CD/Chaotix/Ristar vibes. It's just too short, I play it like 5 times over with the same character. Maybe I just want an Act 2 lol.

My least favorite part is that stretch where I have to spring bounce under water from platform to platform. End up just spindashing into the first spring and skipping all of it cause I just die waiting for bubbles otherwise.

This was one of my favorite stages in the OLDC, and since I'm procrastinating on making my own level, I was happy to give this revamp a try. lol

The improvements make a big difference. However, I was able to find a few errors:

There's a missing texture near the beginning. See dark bar on the bottom left. If you rotate the camera around it, you can see through it.

srb20006.png

Here, when jumping from one platform to the next, the characters change color, as if they were under water.

srb20007.png

Also, if I may make a personal request, can you lower that Tails exclusive emblem at the start of the level a bit? I know where it is, but it's so hard to get to it. It makes me want to flip my desk. lol

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back