Help With Sloped FOFs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to get a sloped FOF to work. I've tried the wiki and the downloadable example wad there, but I still can't figure it out. Could I get some help?

I don't know exactly what issues you may be having since you didn't describe anything, give us any screenshots, or upload any files, but I can guess you're having the common problem of your slope acting out of control when you try to change its angle by any amount. Here is an explanation by RedEnchilada in some other thread that probably deserves to be in the wiki:

https://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=779615&postcount=2

Seriously, the best the wiki has to offer is "the position of the slope depends on the position of the control sector, which can make it difficult to line up the slope with the in-map FOFs" That's super vague and unhelpful IMO.

Read RedEnchilada's post and then come back if it's still not working. The wiki should really use the word co-planar somewhere in there!!!

Keep in mind that the FOF slope will always be coplanar to the control sector, so the best thing to do is make the control sector parallel to the main sector.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Oh so that's where I left that topic. Too late to open it now I guess.

Well this is a lot easier to understand, but what do you need to do to set up the control sector that you put the FOF sector in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back