some models aren't working anymore after i downloaded Manuel Models

Pc-98 Fan

Play One Step from Eden!
the title speaks for itself: after downloading the Manuel Model pack, some models started not appearing, giving only the 2D sprite.
I don't understand why and I need help
23j336M.png

That's odd, my models don't interfere with the other models since they are in a different folder, maybe you deleted something from models.dat?

qH1Sv7k.png

This is what I have inside of my "models" folder. Assuming you did everything correctly and have the folders like this, it should work fine. Check if you have all of the files inside each folder.

qH1Sv7k.png

This is what I have inside of my "models" folder. Assuming you did everything correctly and have the folders like this, it should work fine. Check if you have all of the files inside each folder.

yes, i did an alternative folder as you said (the mmodel), after that the models started to not work anymore

yes, i did an alternative folder as you said (the mmodel), after that the models started to not work anymore

What do you mean by "did an alternative folder"? the "MMODELS" folder was inside the .zip of my release, you just have to put the folder inside the main "models" folder, and then add the 3 lines to models.dat

What do you mean by "did an alternative folder"? the "MMODELS" folder was inside the .zip of my release, you just have to put the folder inside the main "models" folder, and then add the 3 lines to models.dat

the latest release doesn't have it, i made the folder by myself and added them on it, then on the model.dat, i put what the info said, and after that, i tried it out.
I immediately noticed that Dirk's model was working, but not Whirl's and enemies' (including bosses and rings)

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

ok, i found out that if i remove your models, all the other models that didn't worked return to appear (the enemies and bosses').
Maybe your models are interfering with something
this is how it looks like without your models in the dat file
UKOcb3N.png

Last edited:
Now that IS weird, I have all of those models myself and the enemies and my models both work fine, also, I just checked, and the latest release does have the "MMODELS" folder, and inside there should only be the 3 models I've made and their textures. So honestly, I don't know what's causing that, since the models shouldn't interfere with anything other than those 3 characters.

let me see if it happens even if I separate it from the PLAY string

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

good news: it seems that separating it from the PLAY string makes all the model working
i'm an idiot to not separate it from begin with
pDnjVIx.png

OY5MDf3.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back