2D in Zone Builder

Hi guys, I'm working on my level for the OLDC, and it's my first level, so I am still learning how to do certain things in Zonebuilder. I think it would be cool to have a level that is mostly 3d, but when you get to a certain point, it switches to 2d, and then you go back to 3d after you get to another part of the level (Basically like Egg Rock Zone). I read the page on the wiki that explains 2d levels, and it says that you need to specify that the level is 2d using TypeOfLevel in your level header. However, I don't know how to make my level SWITCH between 2d and 3d. If anyone has any knowledge on this, please give me some advice.

One more thing

One last thing, does anyone know how to make a moving waterfall texture? I know I could just slap a waterfall texture on the wall in my level but it would look pretty ugly if it wasn’t moving.

Never mind...

One last thing, does anyone know how to make a moving waterfall texture? I know I could just slap a waterfall texture on the wall in my level but it would look pretty ugly if it wasn’t moving.

Welp, I just tested my level and realized that the waterfall texture actually moves by itself. So there’s that.

Yep! All of the waterfall textures are sets of animated textures. They scroll to the next texture in the set automatically, creating a cycle. It's possible to implement custom ones, too. Alternatively, though, if you just wanted a stationary texture with a scroll effect, you can scroll the side textures down.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back