Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Great mod! There's a small Lua error if you're trying to play this on NONET builds. The Lua tries to retrieve the ALLOWJOIN console variable, which does not exist under NONET. As a result, springs are broken.

Under Lua/1-Library/srb2Functions.lua, line 309, change this line:

Code:
allowjoin = CV_FindVar("allowjoin")
if mapheaderinfo[gamemap].dungeon and DNG and #DNG.levels > 100 and allowjoin

to this:

Code:
local status, allowjoin = pcall(CV_FindVar, "allowjoin")
if status and mapheaderinfo[gamemap].dungeon and DNG and #DNG.levels > 100 and allowjoin

That fixes it right up. The rest of the mod plays swimmingly!

That's wonderful! What a sneaky find!
Conveniently enough, I think it warrants a patch release considering this also fixes an outstanding unrelated 'dedicated' netgame issue as well. It just so happens to be something I've been trying to solve in my own spare time.

With that said, v2.0.2 of this script is available!
Code:
v2.0.2
- Added a helpful message for dedicated server hosts that identifies what Dungeon Level a player is currently on.

Bugfixes
- Fix of Lua error on NONET builds that attempt to find the ALLOWJOIN console variable.
- Additionally, hosting dedicated netgames without problem or error is now possible.

Thanks again, Digiku! :)

Could you apply HUD translucency? It was a little out place seeing LEVEL totally opaque to the rest.

Also, you can just attach the pk3 itself, since it's already a zip. =P

I wish there was more progression of difficulty going through the dungeons. That's probably difficult with SRB2's enemies since they're not the most threatening though. It was a pleasant experience though.

Not sure if this is intended or not, but I was playing with a bot, and the bot triggered the spring, causing us to go up a floor as a result.

I really like this so far. Here's some ideas & suggestions I have:

• Clear Condition: Kill all enemies in the level to unlock the exit. This should also be coupled with a new HUD addition underneath Level titled "Enemies", which counts the number of enemies currently in the stage which haven't yet been destroyed. The spring should unlock when this counter hits 0. You could have an icon depicting a Unidus appear next to the Enemies counter when this has been chosen as the clear condition. It could either be in a single number format (like the Rings counter), or it could be in a "0/0" format (e.g. "Enemies: 9/10"). Personally i'd prefer the latter. Now, this could also cause problems w/ Hive Elementals, so you might wanna make it so Bees don't affect the Enemies counter (and for that matter, maybe just don't allow individual Bees to spawn as a random enemy type, only Hive Elementals). Alternatively, you could instead make it so that when a Hive Elemental spawns a Bee, it causes the Enemies number to increase. Doing this might warrant using the single number format for the Enemies counter after all.
  • Clear Condition: Boss Ambush in the middle of the dungeon. The indicator for this condition could be identical to the Key condition, where it's a padlock next to the Level counter, but then when you get to the spring room, you see a boss next to it, where you have to kill said boss to unlock the spring. This would also make it feel like an actual ambush as well, since when you start the level, the player won't be sure whether it's a Key level or an Ambush level. It could be a fun surprise.
    You could also extend the "dng_levels" command to include an extra variable on the end, such as "ambush #", that would allow you to force every Nth level into a boss ambush. For example: "$dng_levels 50 ambush 10" would create a 50-level Dungeon where a boss ambush occurs on every 10th level. Obviously, true end-dungeon bosses should override every other possible clear condition, thus making it so Level 50 is a true end boss that spawns the goal post on death. The default ambush variable would probably be -1, which would cause this clear condition to adhere to its RNG chance instead (like with all the other clear conditions). That way, an ambush value of 0 would cause it to never occur (conversely, 1 would cause it to be on every single level).
  • Expanding on the above, more boss types to choose from besides GFZ Egg Mobile would prove to be very interesting. The easiest ones to implement would be Egg Slimer, Fang, and (dare I suggest) Metal Sonic and even Brak (No ambush flag). Slimer requires an Axis Point in the boss room, and Fang needs his own type of waypoints (literally named "Fang Waypoint"s) that you could dot around the same area as the axis. Metal Sonic doesn't do his energy balls if you don't have any gather points on the map, but to be honest that might actually be for the better imho lol. Putting in Brak as a potential boss would probably require the implementation of pillar walls as a type of random level design tile, in order to give players the ability to LoS his snipe attack (at least if you want it to be fair).
  • I don't recall seeing any S3&K shields among the random monitors. Idk if this is a hard limit set by what the Weak & Strong random monitors can spawn, but it would be nice to see these shields appear as well.
  • Shield monitors should probably be spawned as golden monitors, to make it more multiplayer friendly.
  • A number of enemies I haven't encountered yet that I think would make things more interesting: Egg Guard, Unidus, Suspicious Lance-a-Bot Statues mixed in with regular Lance-a-bot Statues, Crushstacean, Banpyura, Spincushion, Penguinator, Pophat.
  • Death Pits could also be mixed in with Lava Pools that are close enough to ground level that, if the player tries to run over them w/o jumping, they'll get hurt. This would make going through those 48x48 hallways with Sonic more engaging, instead of just using your momentum to slide over all the death pits.
  • In addition to the above, spike traps would be a neat addition to see. Maybe even some wall-spikes?

I have a problem.
The level is too easy.
There could be some characters or modes to make it harder, but i'm not sure.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

smh, should've called it SRB2 Dungeon Crawla
Only if your character is forced to be Crawla.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back