This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

SMS Alfredo

Sonic CD US Soundtrack Connoisseur
Judge
If you've played any of the Classic Sonic games, (which you probably have considering what message board you're on), you may have noticed that the ring sound effect, whenever it's played, swaps between the left and right sound channels. This cool effect, for whatever reason, has not been present in most subsequent Sonic titles, including SRB2.

Until today.

With this mod, you will now hear rings swirl around your head as you recollect them after damage boosting through the lazer room in Egg Rock Act 1 for the 6,439th time.

What this mod does:
Causes any ring, collected by you, player 2, the player you're watching, or a bot in single player, to have their collection noise alternate between the left and right stereo audio channels.

What this mod doesn't do:
Play stereo ring sounds for other players online if you aren't them or aren't watching them.
Play stereo ring sounds for ring monitors. This was done on purpose.
Play stereo ring sounds for servers that don't have this mod loaded.
Play stereo ring sounds for Modern Sonic if he is loaded after this mod.

Well, anyways, I hope you enjoy this very simple script.

Last edited:
What is this about? Is there a video to show the differences between the original and swapped sound effect? Because I'm very interested in that.

SMS Alfredo said:
If you've played any of the Classic Sonic games, (which you probably have considering what message board you're on)
I think I've seen somebody who has never played any Sonic game before but enjoyed SRB2 anyway (but I'm still encouraging anyone who has tried this fangame to see the classic ones).

You just reminded me of a SRB2 mod idea where in bosses you hear the clips "It's show time!" and "K.O!" from Sonic MegaMix. That would be neat.

This is a little something I miss hearing, and I'm glad to have it back~ It's a small detail that makes collecting all those rings feel good, you know?

Also of note, you mention this doesn't change Modern's ring sounds if he's loaded after this, but it *does* work if this loads after Modern! Something to keep in mind if the lack of channel swapping bugs people still when loading him up.

It really sucks that loading something like this, that only changes how audio is played, marks the game as being "modified" due to it technically being a Lua. This deserves to be in the main game T^T

Oh no, not this again
(I like the mod, it works really well, but the ring channel swap made my ears hurt in the classic games XD)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back