Sonic and the seceret rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cat

I just bought this game at my local gamestop and I think this game is great. The reasons are the grapics are good, it has good controls along with good music. Do you agree?

I completely disagree. The controls are awful, the gameplay is way too linear and you have little reaction time.

The game loses it's appeal way too fast.

I never really understood why people thought the controls were bad. People even said they are very unresponsive.

Though, when I play and millions of others play. They play flawlessly and never have problems with the controls.

Yes, the graphics are pretty good for a Wii game. It also had a party mode which was a good plus. ^_^

Secret Rings was a decent game, about a shred above the level of mediocrity. While the controls worked, they were unresponsive at times, and platforming was a pain sometimes because of the game being on rails. Grinding sucked though, never figured out how to switch rails without overshooting it. The game has a lot to do in terms of replay value, though a lot of the optional missions were a complete pain.

Sonic & The Secret Rings = Average overall.

Whilst it did look nice in the visuals & the music was alrightish, I thought the controls were quite unresponsive in certain situations making it very annoying to complete certain levels & missions. Sonic felt slow at the beginning until you had to spend a while trying to level him up to become at the speed he's meant to be.

As like everyone else said, the level design is very linear and party mode is not that good.

I personally prefer Black Knight over this one even though that also suffers from certain control problems, but at least you had more chance of reacting to certain things.

This a decent and fun game. The controls were unresponsive for me at first, but eventually you may get the hang of it. The game's missions weren't that interesting. But I had fun with it as long as I kept entering those new levels.

The reason people say controls are unresponsive is because you get better controls when Sonic levels up. He runs faster, goes side-to-side faster (getting to the point where you just have to tilt the remote gently and he's instantly on the other side of the level), and gets overall better.

It's just the beginning that gets you.

Yeah, I really hated how the game starts out. Levels look big and long(INB4 that is what s-) at first. That is because you move like a turtle. When you get a high level, those levels become fairly short.

I never really understood why people thought the controls were bad. People even said they are very unresponsive.
Just try switching rails and you'll see exactly what they mean. Riding those pots with the flapping wings was absolute ass too, at least as far as steering the damn things are concerned. Most of the of the problems with the controls are usually in some part related to level gimmicks, with the exception of the absolutely horrible jumping mechanic.

Of course, having to unlock good controls such as decent steering wasn't exactly the wisest of ideas either. Secret Rings did have a lot of unlockable stuff, but having to earn things that should've been obligatory in the first place is unforgivable.

Blacklightning said:
Just try switching rails and you'll see exactly what they mean.

This is exactly what ruined an otherwise tolerable game for me. Once I started Secret Rings, it really did grow on me. The graphics are fine, the gameplay is surprisingly deep, and I even took a perverse joy in improving Sonic's performance. But being able to master 95% of the game and not the remaining 5% due to inherently awful mechanics is a hell of a let-down.

I suppose I'm the only one around here who found Erazor to be slightly cool.

Last edited:
I suppose I'm the only one around here who found Erazor to be slightly cool.
Probably so. I thought he was annoying boss...with a really bad voice actor.
Other than that, I also have to say that the Secret Rings was fairly average. Control worked pretty well except in some moments (unless you had to move backwards, that always sucked for me), and it was a pretty fun ride while it lasted. Also the party mode is decent and kind of interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back