MD2 Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDRR

my old posts are very dumb (formerly rayfan)
Okay so i got this Octodad model imported from "Octodad:Dadliest Catch"
It was fine, i textured it in MilkShape 1.8.5. But, when i try to open his eyes, its impossible! i tried selecting and moving, scaling and even erasing! Here are some pics:

And another one in comparsion to the SRB2 Normal scaling:

I know, hes HUGE!

And heres a link to the model:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6a66q64ysn0ijac/Octodad.zip
(Yep, its an .obj because im not done with it.)
Im not asking for you to do my job, im just giving you the download for you to give it more inspection.

Damnit why no one even bothers to look in my posts?

Now you drop by just to say that, lel.

You have to be patient about replies on any forum. Somtimes the answer comes quick sometimes it takes a few days. You can bump if there is no reply like in one week (I think) but not as rude as you did. If you really need a qick answer about your problem you can always go into the IRC and ask there for help.

It's also important to keep on mind, even when it is active here, it's not instant like IRC or Skype.

Now, I don't really have an answer for your question, but like, MosaicMario said, maybe check irc if someone doesn't reply soon. I'm not sure if any well-known modelers are active there, but someone may be able to help if your issue is urgent.

If the file you are working on is an md2 file, then maybe the eyes cannot be edited because you aren't editing them in its frame animations. Once an md2 has its model in the frame animations, it's pretty much 'set'. Try editing the eyes for the first frame of the animations.

Hmmm... It isnt an MD2, its an Obj because as i said, im not done with it. Also i didnt try that, will it work?

Well if it's not an md2 that method is pointless. I'll inspect the model later today, in about an hour or two after this post, and will tell you what I find after dissecting the model. My guess is that it's probably a fault of the program you are using? Idk. As I said, I'll look at the model later to give more information on the matter to help resolve this. If you read this in the meantime, try reviewing your steps in milkshape, in case it is an error of your doing.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I reviewed the model, and the eyes are removable. It may be just your inexperience with milkshape that lead to this problem. Perhaps you weren't 'finalizing' that action which you did? Not sure since I never used milkshape.

VeOef9f.png

Point being, it is possible to remove the eyes. I have even taken the liberty of saving the model with the eyes removed and making a mediafire link for you:

https://www.mediafire.com/?zjy2dc90974o96p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back