Toys R US ending 'gender sterotyping'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Many members on this forum may recall a section called "The Coliseum". In this section, members debated touchy subjects. One of these threads I distincitly remember being about the role of boys and girls in marketing. Should girls only be playing with barbie dolls and should boys be all about action? Well, it seems like a solution to this is slowly coming with Toys R US's reveal.

http://www.toynews-online.biz/news/read/toys-r-us-to-drop-boys-and-girls-labelling/040859

Toys R Us is looking to work closely with the Let Toys Be Toys consumer campaign group, agreeing to become more inclusive in its marketing of toys to girls and boys.

Megan Perryman, Let Toys be Toys campaigner, added: "We're delighted to be working so closely with a major toy retailer and believe that there is much common ground here. Even in 2013, boys and girls are still growing up being told that certain toys are 'for' them, while others are not.

"This is not only confusing but extremely limiting, as it strongly shapes their ideas about who they are and who they can go on to become. We look forward to seeing Toys R Us lead the way to a more inclusive future for boys and girls."
This is absolutely fantastic. The labeling of girls and boys is pretty awful as each gender should not be restricted to sterotypes such as being all about guns or being about housework. The movement of stores getting rid of 'girl' and 'boy' lines is fascinating as it no loner limits what roles boys and girls can take on. Why can't a girl play with a toy gun? There is no reason.

I'm obviously not against a girl playing with a toy gun or a boy playing with a barbie, and there is nothing restricting either to do that. I'm all for the freedom of choice and there is currently no statute telling a little girl she can't be into guns.

However

I feel that this is yet another attempt to incorporate something 'politically correct' in order to look good to all the liberal ideas that have been introduced into our society. I think the system we have is good already, girls are allowed to buy toy guns and boys are allowed to buy barbies if they so wish, nothings stopping them.

I think this is another attempt for society to be dilluted further by the recent movement to dissolve all identity of gender, masculinity and femininity. Let's be honest, not politically correct. It's a known fact that females, by nature, are more attracted to toy dolls because of their natural instincts to be a nurturer and a caregiver, whilst boys are attracted to guns because of their natural instinct to be a hunter and a protector. This is simply the way the different genders are wired, males and females are different, but not in a bad way. Both genders compliment each other as far as caring for each other. For instance, in a family situation, men are wired to be the providers, and women are wired to be the caregivers. It's a perfect natural setup, both are different but they should operate as equal partners, both dedicated to the development of their family.

When a toy store groups toys that boys typically would be more attracted too together, and the same for girls. It's simply a matter of convience, no child is forced to only browse one part of the store! I know my little bros are into furbys, which are in the girls section, and neither them or I have any problem with that.

Pretending that there is no difference between the two genders is a politically diluted way to look at reality. Things can be both different and equal. Both genders definantly should be in equal standing, but to say that they are exactly the same in every way is a disillusioned statement.

Anyone should be able to tackle whatever kind of occupation, hobby, religion, eduacation, etc, no matter of what gender they are. But pretending that the genders don't exist is a completely overboard belief. Using common knowledge about what each particualar gender is generally attracted too isn't a sin or being sexist. Saying that women are only good for housework is a sexist comment, saying that little girls are typically attracted too toy dolls is not.

The scourge of political correctness is an attempt to 'equalize' us untill we are a colony of perfectly identical ants, which is not too far from communism.

Last edited:
Gentlemen. We have reached a crowning moment in society. The biological roles of genders have been entirely eliminated
enhanced-buzz-19003-1366923281-5.jpg

Toys 'R' Us wins again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back