• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Bark, The Polar Bear (Work In Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
Well, it seems i'm not completely inactive in the SRB2 scene.
Here is what I have so far.
spritesheet.png

Since this is going to be worked on only at school, it will take quite a bit of time to finish. Suggestions are welcome.

Also, i'd like some help on the feet and head, because those are the main problems.

I am mainly basing this off of Bark's Concept Mobius artwork.

Last edited:
Not a bad start, but I have spotted 2 things.

His hat shouldn't be completely red. It should be orange & red as shown on the STF artwork. The shading on the green part of his scarf needs to be more darker as it is too bright and the same for his boxing gloves.

Something about that shading doesn't look quite right. I think the shape that it suggests is a little off. Try to make the stomach look rounder instead of going to a point.

Final Sprite

Feet improved, eyes and mouth put in, shading improved, this is the true final sprite.

spritesheetj.png

Feet improved, eyes and mouth put in, shading improved, this is the true final sprite.

spritesheetj.png

As Ice pointed out, the eyes are rather distracting from their current size. Make them slanted so it shows he's more serious and intimidating, and try to decrease the size of it as well. As for his body, it should be a little wider since he was rather bulky in the game. As for his ears, lower them a little more or make the top of his head wider.

EDIT: One more thing, I still see you didn't fix the color problem with his hat. The top part is orange, the sides are red as Hyperknux mentioned.

Last edited:
BarkTPB-1.png

-Lightened a ton of outlines, added a little bit of shading and did some minor anti-aliasing on them
-Adjusted shading on the belly to make it seem more round
-Added red stripe on gloves
-Shrank the Whites of the eyes and added a highlight to the iris
-Gave the hat more shading
-Added a little bit of hair in front of the hat
-Added a bunch of shading
-Moved ears down
-Added Shading to scarf

http://concept-mobius.technoguild.com/images/stories/real_character_bios/Bark_Image.png

No, it's a new-gen version of Bark; AKA what he would look like if he was in the newer games.
^Can't say that isn't bad reference no matter how you look at it.

So scizor, even though your main focus is the development and edit of the sprites, what types of abilities will Bark have? From what I can see, he might have Knuckle's SOCs (excluding glide & climb of course), Or will this just be another character for fun?

Last edited:
Well, when it comes to abilities and whatnot, Swim is what I have for now. The S_SKIN and OBJCTCFG are already done.

Progress is slow, and the Diagonal frames are a pain in the ass, but i'm still chugging along.

Also, Backup plan created.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back