• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Master Chief wad revival! :')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacy

Now with less viruses
After the last one somehow got deleted, I mourned the loss for a while, but now I think I will start again.
I just restarted it today so I have only one partially done frame for standing.

If you think he could use a few different features, (hopefully for the hands because I suck at drawing them) I will be happy to take them.
What do you think he should have for a special ability? I was thinking a double jump, but you all might find something else that fits.
I need some help for it so any help will be greatly appreciated and you will recieve your due credit for helping.

Too large, and uh, I'd prefer to see a finished sprite before I can judge. It looks horrible, but it doesn't look done.

Redrew it by hand and added some more detail to it... And a pistol.
mcstandj.jpg

Now can you give your honest opinions?

EDIT: I think I'm going to draw certain parts by hand because it is easier and it looks better.
I think I might go with double jump ability unless told otherwise.

I was actually surprised at how much better it came out than the first one.
I thought it would come out worse.

It doesn't fit the style of the SRB2 sprites. It definitely needs more shading and smaller to make it look good. Right now it looks really flat, and a quick MS Paint job. The gun especially looks bad, you might want to leave that out.

The stance does not look natural. The upper body especially looks strange. Start with fixing the shoulders. I don't see this going further then the first sprite, since angle sprites are very hard to make look right. Feel free to prove me wrong, it might go somewhere. Save as PNG next time, so we can judge the sprite better.

I remember that I once tried making a mastercheif wad when I was fairly new. The sprite was too big and badly drawn though.

Torgo said:
It doesn't fit the style of the SRB2 sprites. It definitely needs more shading and smaller to make it look good. Right now it looks really flat, and a quick MS Paint job. The gun especially looks bad, you might want to leave that out.

The stance does not look natural. The upper body especially looks strange. Start with fixing the shoulders. I don't see this going further then the first sprite, since angle sprites are very hard to make look right. Feel free to prove me wrong, it might go somewhere. Save as PNG next time, so we can judge the sprite better.
I wasn't exactly aiming to make it SRB2 style until the final release where I may reamke another with the SRB2 style. The gun is going though.

Does anyone have ideas for waiting sprites. I was thinking one hand grenade juggle but that will be a last resort if no one else can think of something.

A lot of what Torgo said. Needs more of shading and don't have his arms so spread out like that. It's really weird. Have his arms closer to his sides rather than just so far from his body. His legs seem greatly smaller than the rest of his body. Since you need to make it smaller, decrease the body around the legs. And to avoid talking about the gun, the hands for some reason don't look right at all. I don't know how to explain it. It looks like you made hands and cut/paste it onto his arms.

Also, I'm not a big halo fan, but I can give you 2 ideas:
1) Have him hold an energy sword across his body and for the 2 sprites of it, just have it glowing in two different phases (I don't know how to explain that well enough, I just remember the sword glowing differently at times in the game, I dunno.)
2) Have the computer lady (I can't think of her name) that talks to master chief all the time pop out next to them. Maybe make it look like they are talking?

His head is incredibly large. When he walks, he should wobble from side to side with the head.

...Fix it plz

His pose.

Man, must be pretty uncomfortable in that suit. Can he even move?

Ill hang this up until SRB2 SAGE edition is released because I don't want to have to change some things that will take a while to do if I release it before hand. Admins feel free to lock it and I will post a new topic for the newer one.

You could leave the topic here. Waste of time to make a new topic and all. The constructive criticism here could help you as well when you need to make the changes to match SRB2 SAGE. But hey, its your topic. Knock yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back